Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 9, 2008 -> 02:50 AM)
Great dunk, but it would have been nice if Dicky V acknowledged the play. You would have thought it was a lay-up.

I was gonna say... why no replay? No, let's show Paulus hitting a wide-open three.

I also like the lack of acknowledgment when Paulus pulls up from three feet beyond the arc and bricks it -- that's just a terrible decision.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 09:21 PM)
Rumor that I heard recently...

Hansborough getting drafted by the Bulls.

Oh god no.

Absolutely hate Hansborough, not to mention hes a bit undersized to be on our team we need a big man.

To hold Duke to 33.8 percent from the field and 68 points is just phenominal. Their starting 5 is still way undersized, but if UNC is willing to commit on defense like they did tonight to go with their firepower, they are the clear favorite to win it all.

I might be the only one, but that was one of the most enjoyable games I've ever seen (keep in mind I was at a bar and did not have to hear Dickie V). I loved that no fouls were called and they were just able to play. It had an awesome flow and it was good seeing them scrap it out. Too bad the next game those refs call will be the exact opposite (that's the only problem I have with it).

It was a great game, and I truly thought UNC was going to lose once Duke's 3's started dropping again in the second half. Danny Green saved the day today. He has been phenominal for the past 5 or so games after stinking it up early in the year.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 08:19 PM)
touche, my friend.

Plus, Corlis Williamson had a pretty solid career. I'm pretty sure a lot of people wouldn't mind it if they took Hansborough in the 20-30 range in the draft and he ended up being similar to Corlis (who was a darn good sixth man for a number of years).

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 10:02 PM)
Speaking of which, Tyler was apparently named Sporting News POY along with SI's POY. Congrats Tyler.

I would have completely argued Beasley before he was shut down by Iowa State today.

Couple of things happened today. Beasley was whining quite a bit. ISU was able to deny him the ball a lot.

At the end of the game, he got lost on the way to the locker room.

Bill Walker was a little b****. A couple of calls didn't go his way, and he just started jawing. Some KSU manager gave him a stool during a timeout and he just threw it out of the way. He's trash.

The crowd got really quiet when I yelled "f*** you bill walker", but I wasn't the only one to do so. Part of me hopes he would stick around just to mess things up in Manhattan.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 9, 2008 -> 12:50 AM)
I would have completely argued Beasley before he was shut down by Iowa State today.

Couple of things happened today. Beasley was whining quite a bit. ISU was able to deny him the ball a lot.

At the end of the game, he got lost on the way to the locker room.

Bill Walker was a little b****. A couple of calls didn't go his way, and he just started jawing. Some KSU manager gave him a stool during a timeout and he just threw it out of the way. He's trash.

The crowd got really quiet when I yelled "f*** you bill walker", but I wasn't the only one to do so. Part of me hopes he would stick around just to mess things up in Manhattan.

Wait, so one sub-par game by Beasley and he's not the POY anymore?

Both Beasley and Walker whine a lot, mainly Walker. Walker being a total headcase is exactly why he's the erratic player he is. One missed shot and his whole night can be ruined, it's pretty laughable.

Whooo....Cal State Fullerton....Co-Big West Conference Champions for the first time since 1976. I'll be at the tourney game on Thursday and I'm holding out a glimmer of hope that they can win the tourney and go dancing!!!!

Anybody watching this Kentucky/Florida game? It seems like Kentucky hasn't missed but a coule of shots all half, it's incredible. If they win this game and their first game in the SEC Tournament, I think they'll, amazingly, get in the tournament.

And Heads, come on, your smarter than that. I know your frusterated, but to take POY away from a guy because he had 15 points, 9 rebounds, and 2 blocks in a road win within conference is ridiculous.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

So does anyone want to argue with me about my claim that Gillispie is an "insanely awesome" coach? The job he's done this year is absolutely unbelievable. I can't say enough about it.

We're in the tournament, 100% lock, no question.