Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stanford-UCLA has been a mediocre/boring game so far, but starting to pick up. Good matchup.

What made me post was that FSN showed a player profile graphic of Josh Shipp and his dream job was to be the president of a multi-billion dollar company. I thought that was funny.

To be fair, I thought Stanford got away with a clear charge with 7 seconds left on the basket that gave them the lead, but yeah that foul with 2 seconds left was nonsense. Stanford is legit though, this is the first time they impressed me in the few times I've seen them, even in defeat, and Trent Johnson is a good coach (even though he looks like an ax murderer). But UCLA wins the best league in America outright, and #7, #8, and #24 lost today, as well as Clemson to horrid Georgia Tech. Also, 7'8 Kenny George had 19 and 11 and UNC Asheville will play Winthrop for a Tourney bid Saturday, and USC survived a must win game against Cal in OT at the Galen Center.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 01:15 AM)
Also, 7'8 Kenny George had 19 and 11 and UNC Asheville will play Winthrop for a Tourney bid Saturday, and USC survived a must win game against Cal in OT at the Galen Center.

I'm really hoping UNC-Asheville and Alabama State make the tourney for simple reasons. I really wanna see Kenny George b/c he's 7'8" and i really want to hear the commentators have to talk about Chief Kickingstallion-Sims for the name alone.

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 08:04 AM)
I'm really hoping UNC-Asheville and Alabama State make the tourney for simple reasons. I really wanna see Kenny George b/c he's 7'8" and i really want to hear the commentators have to talk about Chief Kickingstallion-Sims for the name alone.

HA same here on both counts, I've been rooting for those 2 teams since I saw them on ESPNU in January. I don't think we are alone either, although you know they'll just call him "Big Chief" if Alabama State makes the tournament, despite the fact Big Chief might offend native americans.

I had to LOL at this quote from Danny Green about Ty Lawson,

"We’ve all been in his ear,” said junior Danny Green, Lawson’s roommate. “It’s like, ‘Ty, you’ve been out for a month. When are you going to come back? Stop being a girl and get back on the court already.’"

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 10:31 AM)
I had to LOL at this quote from Danny Green about Ty Lawson,

"We’ve all been in his ear,” said junior Danny Green, Lawson’s roommate. “It’s like, ‘Ty, you’ve been out for a month. When are you going to come back? Stop being a girl and get back on the court already.’"

I'm glad he did not listen and come back too early. He was clearly not 100% yet when he did return, (still not all the way back) coming back quicker would have lead to a half speed Ty for the tournament or worse.

This Stanford/USC game will be a good one. I still think USC can be a dangerous team come tourney time (especially since they'll be a low seed). They have the ability to play with almost any team in the country.

I love Stanford/UCLA though. I have those two, UNC and Kansas as my final four teams (obviously that is if all of them are in different brackets).

USC's home win over Stanford and Baylor's win at Texas Tech pretty much locked those two teams into the big dance IMO. On a side note, with Wisconsin's win today, at least part 1 of Indiana's big gamble in doing nothing to themselves sanctionwise other than "buying out" Sampson has fallen by the wayside, which was trying to gain a share of the Big Ten regular season title. Still a long way to go with all that though in the big picture, and congrats to Wisconsin. I'd have never guessed in a million years they'd win the league in undisputed fashion for the 18 game regular season grind portion this year, even with the league as down as it is.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I was at the NU @ Wisconsin game (yes it was in evanston but it was mostly Wisconsin fans).

Yay for Big 10 champs, seems that my predictions this year in terms of Big 10 were pretty accurate. (I said Wisconsin would finish #1 and that Indiana would finish closer to 3rd than first, completely missed on Purdue but so did everyone).