Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 08:15 PM)
The charge call on Beasley was flat out terrible.

Now Walker called for his 2nd when he doesn't even touch anyone on KU, there might have been a foul on that pass to Kaun but it certainly wasn't Walker. What bulls***, KU is lucky the fix is on.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 02:19 AM)
Now Walker called for his 2nd when he doesn't even touch anyone on KU, there might have been a foul on that pass to Kaun but it certainly wasn't Walker. What bulls***, KU is lucky the fix is on.

I'm not a Kansas or Kansas St. fan, but that's quite the stupid statement. I'm sure ESPN wanted Beasley out of the game 2 minutes in. Bad calls happen....but part of me is happy to see Beasley finally get called for a charge when he lowers his shoulder. Him and Hansbrough get away with murder on the offensive end.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 08:21 PM)
I'm not a Kansas or Kansas St. fan, but that's quite the stupid statement. I'm sure ESPN wanted Beasley out of the game 2 minutes in. Bad calls happen....but part of me is happy to see Beasley finally get called for a charge when he lowers his shoulder. Him and Hansbrough get away with murder on the offensive end.

I wasn't being serious.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 02:21 AM)
I wasn't being serious.

Good...trust me, I wish Beasley could play the whole game, as at least there'd be something good to watch tonight. I'm livid I missed a close Gus Johnson game today.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 08:25 PM)
Good...trust me, I wish Beasley could play the whole game, as at least there'd be something good to watch tonight. I'm livid I missed a close Gus Johnson game today.

I was just pissed that Beasley and Walker were both taken out of the game with questionable calls, a bad call, and a foul that just flat out didn't happen (Walker never touched Kaun).

So, my brother thinks I'm nuts cause I think Mayo and Bayless will be better pros than Beasley. I know Mayo hasn't lived up to his reputation for much of the year, but he'll be much better in a more open situation. I'll never understand why Tim Floyd plays a slow style with that roster.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 08:29 PM)
So, my brother thinks I'm nuts cause I think Mayo and Bayless will be better pros than Beasley. I know Mayo hasn't lived up to his reputation for much of the year, but he'll be much better in a more open situation. I'll never understand why Tim Floyd plays a slow style with that roster.

That's Tim Floyd basketball

Beasley has impressed me more than when I saw Oden/Durant in college. I'm interesting to see how it translates.