Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 25, 2008 -> 06:53 PM)
Tyrone Green sucks. Nobody on SIU is close to being Mullins if you are picking a Saluki of the year,

Green has actually been fantastic as of late. But ya, Mullins is by far and away the mvp of this team, it's not even close.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm real excited that Notre Dame is doing so well this year (21-5). They get some size to help Harrangody next year and they could be a final four team by 2009-2010.

All their better guys are sophomores or freshmen and none are NBA-leave-early prospects.

Now, if they can only win more on the road and win the Big East tourney...

Ut rolls into nashville tonight....they are favored by only 2.....we are so tough to beat at home, undefeated there this year, mainly cuz of our goofy court, but i would like to think the students/acoustics (memorial was originally built as a music performaning center) have something to do with it

QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 25, 2008 -> 07:47 PM)
I'm real excited that Notre Dame is doing so well this year (21-5). They get some size to help Harrangody next year and they could be a final four team by 2009-2010.

All their better guys are sophomores or freshmen and none are NBA-leave-early prospects.

Now, if they can only win more on the road and win the Big East tourney...

Who is this size coming in?

QUOTE(JuiceCruz16 @ Feb 26, 2008 -> 09:46 AM)
Who is this size coming in?

Jack Cooley from Glenbrook South just committed to ND. He's 6'9 now but just a junior. Could reach 6'11.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 26, 2008 -> 06:43 PM)
Wanna see a team sleepwalking through the rest of the season, check out Ohio State tonight. Awful. Matta has yet to switch to a man defense this season, even with two top tier defenders in Butler and Lighty. Packin it in for next season I guess.

Lets hope they keep that up for Saturday's game :)

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 01:16 AM)
Someone woke up koufos finally. Diebler travels for the 5th time this game. Who did that kid play against in HS? 5'4" kids? He outscored LeBron in HS and he looks like this? I wouldnt look at another player from that area again seriously if I was Matta.

it's like someone finally told koufos he was 7-feet-tall.

diebler played in division three, which is the third-smallest division in ohio. i think he was mislabeled as a great shooter coming into ohio state. in high school he was a nice shooter, but more of a scorer. he scored a lot of points on free throws and was effective driving the ball. because of that his 3-point percentage was high because guys had to play off him, but i never felt he was the deadeye shooter some made him out to be.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 01:34 AM)
I never saw Evan Turner play high school ball, but he may end up being a nice college player.

when all is said and done i think turner will be the most valuable player out of this recruiting class for the program.

Tonite was huge for the Salukis. They look like they have a lot more spring in their step, and they are playing with a lot of confidence. The Arena is going to be rocking when Illinois St comes into town to finish out the season.