I did X, and I doubt anyone else here has . . .

Texsox

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 11:44 PM)
I would assume I was the only one to get ejected and suspended from a football and volleyball game in the same year in high school.

Well then, I'm probably the only one to get ejected from a junior varsity tennis meet. :P

I wrote so many letters of apology to opponents when I was on the golf team I wish computers and word processors had been invented . . .

I had the formula down pat

I would like to apologize for my actions during our match on ________ . My conduct was an embarrasment to my team mates, my school, and my parents. blah blah blah

But being a freshman with a 6 handicap kept me on the team :lol:

1) I visited two designated World Heritage Sites in a single day in Queensland Australia – diving on the Great Barrier Reef in the morning and hiking in the Kuranda Mountain range in the afternoon.

2) I have been 2,400 feet deep in the ocean in a research submersible off of Jamaica.

I drove George "The Iceman" Gervin around in a golfcart at about 2:00 in the morning....twice. He is a super nice guy and loves to talk about fishing. I was working as a security guard. I also had a noise complaint on Jim McMahon who was not the most cooperative person in the world, but he did invite me in for a beers. Speaking of which, I bet I'm the only person on Soxtalk who has ever been asked by Jim Belushi to have a couple of drinks with him. It happened just a few days after John Belushi died and he was "a mess".

Edited by BigEdWalsh

I was the willing participant of a 4 stripper(one at at time) private lap dance including the feature act at the time Cheyenne Silver(last but definitely not least) of Wicked Pictures, all bought and paid for by Ron Jeremy who was doing his standup act at the Industrial Strip in Indiana. Andy Dick was there hanging out with Ron for whatever reason. My brother drunk off his butt asked him, what the hell are you doing here aren't you gay.

I stepped on BB King's foot in Hollywood coming out of a restaurant. I thought his body guards were going to kill me! Instead he invited my wife and I with him to some speaking thing he was doing the next block over, a dedication of some music award to a music store for their charitable efforts. not sure what it was entirely, but I did get to stand next to the stage while he was speaking, albeit sandwiched between 2 big body guards. Afterwards we shook his hand and he just left, and all we got was a t-shirt. That's about it for my celebrity experiences.

I once had Beefcake from GWAR try to kill me after he tripped over my foot and fell down a flight of stairs. I didn't really trip him, it was all an act on his part, but Oderus did have to step in and save my life...though he regretted doing so and told me he did.

Later that same day Gwar Woman (later to become Slymenstra) ran to me for protection from all the guys trying to hit on her. She had me act like her boyfriend so they would quit following her around. She then went backstage and changed and I never saw her again.

Edited by Kid Gleason

At a wrestling match when I was younger - My mother and I were spat on by my favorite wrestling The Ultimate Warrior white we were in the second row (by accident when he was punched.) She never took me to a match again haha.

I also went to Michael Jordan's basketball camp twice when I was younger, talked to him numerous times, and also am on video asking him a question when all of the kids got to "interview" him. He told me mine was the best question he's heard. All I asked was "What does it feel like to win a championship?" Player such as Jason Terry (got his signature on a shirt the year Arizona won the title which he wrote "Cats #1 and a picture) , Shawn Marion (Junior College version and he also dunked from the free throw line which was sick.) The last day of camp, MJ had a scrimmage (pros vs college) He had invited Juwan Howard and Chris Webber ( Dennis Rodman never showed up after being invited of course.) MJ also sat down in front of my mom and she became hectic and took a picture of the back of his head, he turned around and started laughing after he saw her face and what she realized she had done.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 12:00 PM)
I broadcast Indiana High School basketball state final 4 from the Hoosier Dome.

I felt a second generation space shuttle heat tile before it was ever tested on the space shuttle.

I almost got beat up by an NHL goon.

*whack* Hey Racer, you see those motherf***ers behind the glass? *whack*

I think *whack* they are making fun of us, no? *whack*

:lolhitting

I'm still surprised that DKF didn't turn us over to the, um, authorities. :lol:

Oh, I have too many "celebrity" stories to tell. Most of them involve hockey players, but mix in a few football, baseball, and movie people... I don't even get that excited when I meet them anymore. It's pretty much lost its luster after you do it enough.