I did X, and I doubt anyone else here has . . .

Texsox

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 03:06 PM)
Bowled a 300 game when I was 16.

Hit a cow with my car on the way to work.

I was in a car when it hit a person.

I was held up at gun point while working at a bank

My grandfather was nominated for an emmy and has a star on the walk of fame. Oh, and completed the trifecta of being on the shows "Fantasy Island", "My Three Sons", and "The Love Boat".

My cousin was nominated for an oscar.

My brother worked on the Matrix and I saw the cgi and pictures a year or so before the movie even came out.

and my friend from HS (young buck on the left) is sitting two rows behind Brian Mcnamee at the hearing last week in this footage (1:18)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MAN...you guys make me feel like I haven't done anything in my life. But, I'll come up with one, if I can...

I almost elbowed BJ Armstrong in the head during the "1.8 Second" Game during the Jo Jo English-Derek Harper fight and was under the basket that Kukoc hit the shot.

I was at the final Chicago Blackhawks regular season and post-season game at the old Chicago Stadium...working with the wireless camera crew.

I've also been riding when the driver hit a person, he was on a moped and flew, pretty crazy.

The stripper comment earlier made me think of this. I've been to a strip joint only once in my life. About 3 years ago when I was 19, and there was a stripper with a wooden peg leg there. So I'm guessing not many have seen that before.

Oh this is one is also gross, luckily absolutely nothing happened. And I hope no one else has ever done this. But I was at a party at a college about 20 minutes from my college. My friends were having a party so I went, met some cute girls starting talking to one that was really cute. We went outside to talk more or whatever and I asked where she was from and she told me, I asked what her last name was, she told me and my eyes got really big and she's said what, what's your last name, I told her mine and her eyes got really big. We have different last names but our dad's are cousins which I think makes us second cousins but we had never met before. Anyways I felt pretty gross for being attracted to her, haha.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 05:56 PM)
Was this you?

bacjtofu_01%20(7).jpg

"It's your cousin... Marvin... Marvin Berry!"

My dad's band opened for the yardbirds in SoCal during the 60s when jeff beck and jimmy page were in the band. (Clapton had just left)

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 05:01 PM)
"It's your cousin... Marvin... Marvin Berry!"

My dad's band opened for the yardbirds in SoCal during the 60s when jeff beck and jimmy page were in the band. (Clapton had just left)

Oh yeah, I'm related to JAMES LIPTON!!!

Wait, that's not a good thing.

Part II...

A friend and I played the video game Robotron for 10 straight hours on one quarter. We would have set the national record, but the arcade wouldn't stay open and let us keep playing.

I threw two no-hitters as a youth, one in Little League, one playing American Legion ball. One right-handed and one left-handed. I hit two HR's in each game and we won 2-0 each time. Well, okay that was a stretch. I was not a hitter. I did throw the no-hitters though.

I had sex in Wally Backman's office (not with Wally, smartasses)

I was in the wedding of a former IN Mr. Basketball

I delivered newspapers to Don Mattingly as a 13-yr old (I was 13, not Donnie Baseball). Saw Mattingly's HS baseball team go 59-0 his jr and sr year only to lose game #60 to Logansport. Mattingly was the starting pitcher and came back in to finish the game, losing in the 10th inning. I went to the same HS later and set zero baseball records.

Edited by Rex Hudler

I was also held up at gunpoint. But I wasnt held up at gunpoint in a bank, I had a loaded .357 magnum shoved in my face for trespassing in a place that I was told I could be. Then I was bound by duct tape and the guy called the cops on us.

Needless to say, the Cops were pretty surprised when the guy opened the door and me and my best friend, who were 12 at the time, were face down on the floor. The guy ended up getting arrested. The story was much more complicated than that, but I thought I would truncate it until they made a movie about it. ;)(

Terry Bevington, when he was manager of the Sox, swore at me and called me nasty names because he was too drunk to follow my simple directions to a vending machine (go down one hallway and turn right, that'll bring you into bldg 2, it's in the middle of that hallway). He came back about 5 minutes later screaming at me. I had to lead him to the vending machine.

I also was screamed at by James Taylor's road manager who called me among other things, a village idiot. He was the most arrogant a##**** I've ever met. James Taylor was really nice.

I've also been held up at gunpoint along with my dad at my dad's drug store. The night before an old couple who ran a nearby small grocery store were held up and the guy made them lie down on the floor. After robbing them, he shot them both in the head, killing them. This guy the next night is robbing us and when he told us to lie down on the floor, I was sure we were as good as dead. Without a doubt the scariest moment of my life.

^^^^

Date: About a dozen years ago

Scene: Some Random Bar, bunch of guys on a golf vacation looking for hot beer and women with long necks. Wait I may have that backwards.

Situation: $10.00 cover because some goofy band is playing.

Thinking, yeah, the bouncer says they are really good, just signed a contract, about to go on a national tour, but like only 20 people are around, and how good could a band named Hootie and the Blowfish be? Talk about a cracked review mirror.

QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Feb 19, 2008 -> 11:07 PM)
Terry Bevington, when he was manager of the Sox, swore at me and called me nasty names because he was too drunk to follow my simple directions to a vending machine

Met Bevington when he was managing in the Texas-Louisiana Independent League. May have been the Central professional League by then. Had dinner with him. Seemed really nice. When he called to the waitress I wanted to say, you don't have one warming up.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 07:20 AM)
Met Bevington when he was managing in the Texas-Louisiana Independent League. May have been the Central professional League by then. Had dinner with him. Seemed really nice. When he called to the waitress I wanted to say, you don't have one warming up.

You should've. :P

Would've been funny.

I played Dennis Savard in bubble hockey and beat him. In his defense, him and his friend were a little toasty and me and my friend had only been there for about 10 minutes. He was pretty funny when I approached him about it...and his friend was like...come on we can't back down to a challenge.

It was a good game...went into OT. None of us were really any good...but that's what made it fun and hearing him swearing and talking trash and s***.

Anyway, I told him I was gonna tell everyone I beat him in hockey. He was pretty cool, he was the assistant coach back then.

This was at Champs in Lombard.

My post-HS Band was on TV (Local TV) and on the radio (local Radio)...I was also in the original "Hairspray" movie.

Cade McNowen was at my brother's wedding reception and signed my "Hello my name is..." tag... So that was me in the Bears uniform, sorry guys.