East Region

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be happy. Butler could be the type of team that takes out a Tennesee and ends up making your road a bit easier. Plus, IU is way over-rated. Perhaps they got a bit low of a seed, but while they have some talent they aren't a very good team. Than again, I'm overly harsh on the big ten this year because I think it sucks.

This is so bulls***. How is Tennessee not a #1 seed? And if they are a #2 (which they're f***ing not), why the f*** are they in the same region as North Carolina?

Let me give you some facts here and you tell me how b****-ass Kansas got a #1 over Tennessee:

The Jayhawks' best win away from Phog Allen Fieldhouse was a four-point win at (#6 seed) Southern California in December. They have a 2-2 record against ranked teams after beating Texas, who beat them in the regular season, today. The Jayhawks, now 30-3, are 4-2 against teams we project into the field of 65 (5-2 if Arizona makes it). They're also 8th in the RPI and 82nd in SOS.

Now, let's look at Tenn...

The Vols have held the #1 spot in both the RPI and SOS for weeks now. They are 29-4 overall, 6-2 against ranked teams, and no team has as good of wins away from home as Tennessee does: They beat West Virginia and Gonzaga on a neutral courts (though the Ganzaga game was in Seattle), and they beat Memphis in Memphis and Xavier in Cincy. Lastly, they are an impressive 11-4 against the projected tournament field if Western Kentucky and Ohio State make it as at-large teams.

f*** this s***...

Edited by dasox24

As mad as I am with Tenn and Louis being #2 and #3, I'm more upset at Arkansas and Indiana being the 8-9 matchup. That might be the toughest 8-9 set in history. Arkansas is playing very well and Indiana has been in the top 25 most of the year and still has the talent.

Toughest region! Being the #1 overall seed did very little for my Heels. Tennesee the worst 2 seed, I don't think so, Louisville the lowest 3 seed , please. Only one of those two can get to Carolina though, IF Carolina makes it through the second/third round with ND, IND, Arkansas types. Gonna be a tough road for anyone coming out of this region.

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
how's a #10 ranked team a #7 seed again???

See Nevada last year. Butler had a crap load of good wins last year, this year...not so much. I think they're a great team but their resume isn't all that impressive this season.

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 09:12 PM)
If they were "Indiana University at Indianapolis" they might be a 5.

I'm not sure what you're getting at there, when absolutely everyone is saying IU got jobbed. Granted the team is in shambles right now, their whole body of work didn't equate to an 8 seed. Please clarify if I don't see what you're trying to get at there.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 09:17 PM)
I'm not sure what you're getting at there, when absolutely everyone is saying IU got jobbed. Granted the team is in shambles right now, their whole body of work didn't equate to an 8 seed. Please clarify if I don't see what you're trying to get at there.

IU has more of a historic/big name pull than Butler does.

The "name" programs in the bigger conferences usually get more breaks.

Yes, I agree though, Indiana got "jobbed".