ARI @ CWS, 3/27, 2:05pm CT

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 27, 2008 -> 05:03 PM)
Yikes. I'm fairly sure there are members of this board that could do better than that.

North Park, Concordia, Trinity Christian. These were probably the worst baseball teams I had ever faced in my career in college. I faced North Park once, struck out 14 of the 16 batters I faced. It was one of the 3 teams we put a 20 spot up on. The other 2 are listed.

As far as Oney goes, yeah he blows but at least he signed. Carrie Schueler wasn't going to be signed and KW's son was drafted but not signed. Wasted picks. There were several players drafted after Carre Schueler who played MLB. In fact, the Sox drafted 3 or 4 of them.

As far as Oney goes, yeah he blows but at least he signed. Carrie Schueler wasn't going to be signed and KW's son was drafted but not signed. Wasted picks. There were several players drafted after Carre Schueler who played MLB. In fact, the Sox drafted 3 or 4 of them.

Excuse me, but I rather see an undeserving pick not sign than an undeserving pick take money and playing time away from the organization.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 27, 2008 -> 05:55 PM)
Excuse me, but I rather see an undeserving pick not sign than an undeserving pick take money playing time away from the organization.

He probably got no bonus, so the money he received is next to nothing, and I'm sure if there was a player down there they thought was better and had a real shot, Oney would be riding the bench. There was zero chance the other 2 would not be wasted picks. Oney is probably 10,000,000 to 1 but as Lloyd Christmas would say,"you're saying there's a chance"

Edited by Dick Allen

There is no hope for Oney and if I was a deserving minor leaguer like Jason Boosh-wahh, I'd be pissed off I'm still not in camp, hanging out and partying with the big boys.

Oney Guillen = Van Wilder, Tommy Boy, Billy Madison and a s***ty ballplayer rolled up into one.

QUOTE(Kenny Hates Prospects @ Mar 27, 2008 -> 07:02 PM)
Did you see the bomb he hit the other day against the Royals? It was about a 94-96mph fastball on the inside corner at the knees and he killed it over the left field wall.

I saw that one, but it wasn't near the inside corner. It was pretty much down the middle, but knee high.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 27, 2008 -> 06:27 PM)
There is no hope for Oney and if I was a deserving minor leaguer like Jason Boosh-wahh, I'd be pissed off I'm still not in camp, hanging out and partying with the big boys.

Oney Guillen = Van Wilder, Tommy Boy, Billy Madison and a s***ty ballplayer rolled up into one.

:lolhitting

Atleast Ozney has used his father's position to service the world as a translator and (I have no idea if it's still on) co-host of a Spanish baseball radio show.

Oney went to UIC for his first several years, and although I didn't know him personally, several of my friends on the baseball team did and mentioning the names Van Wilder and Tommy Boy is fairly accurate.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(flavum @ Mar 27, 2008 -> 07:46 PM)
Ozney is in high school.

And what a stud he is. If there is anybody thats going to have a chance to be a special player (and be better than his old man :D) it will be him.

Future first rounder I've heard.