Where The Corn Is As High As Greg Walker's Eye...

knightni

QUOTE(Tannerfan @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 08:13 PM)
Think finally hitting to the opposite field, and taking the first pitch most of the time.

Think he does this every spring training. Then check what happens in the regular season.

In late 05, Hrniak used a leg kick. He used it and rode a few good weeks towards the end of the year.

Then in 06, he used a spread stance by Greg that Pablo used. He hits .313 and shows all sorts of patience hitting the ball the other way. Then the minute the season started, he spun himself into the ground.

In 07, Project 2007 Uribe is used to help motivate him. He hits .285 and looks good. Then the seaon starts and poof he goes back to what he is.

But sure, he is a new hitter. The evidence that you see that is called his major league career has just been wiped out by 60 ABs in the ST.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 07:17 PM)
Think he does this every spring training. Then check what happens in the regular season.

In late 05, Hrniak used a leg kick. He used it and rode a few good weeks towards the end of the year.

Then in 06, he used a spread stance by Greg that Pablo used. He hits .313 and shows all sorts of patience hitting the ball the other way. Then the minute the season started, he spun himself into the ground.

In 07, Project 2007 Uribe is used to help motivate him. He hits .285 and looks good. Then the seaon starts and poof he goes back to what he is.

But sure, he is a new hitter. The evidence that you see that is called his major league career has just been wiped out by 60 ABs in the ST.

But Irish, you also have to look at '04 his first year here when he hit great. This is before the Great Greg Walker decided to turn him into a power pull hitter. I think now he's gone back to his pre-Great Greg days. At least I hope so.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 08:40 PM)
This AAA announcing crew is better than Farmio. Can we pick one of them up, and replace Farmer. One of these guys + Stoney would be heaven.

No kidding. This guy is doing the game on his own, and doing a fine job. No talk about his golf game, St. Rita, Notre Dame, and donating organs.

Danks turned out to have a good outing. I think Jenks is coming in in the 6th.

The thing about Danks is that every at bat seems to be a battle. He just doesn't know how to get quick out a la Buehrle.

QUOTE(flavum @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 08:44 PM)
The thing about Danks is that every at bat seems to be a battle. He just doesn't know how to get quick out a la Buehrle.

I think tonight he didnt have alot of control and battled through it. Thats the type of thing I want to see because thats how you become a Buehrle, competing. Danks has his share of quick innings, its just you dont notice them as much as the long ones. If Danks can battle like this throughout the season, he will be a tough pitcher to face.

QUOTE(flavum @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 09:23 PM)
Ramirez, RBI single. The Sox are going to have some serious decisions to make. This guy has to play.

Well if you have to have speed, why not have Ramirez lead off and play 2nd. Have either Swish in CF and Quentin in LF or Anderson in CF and Swish in LF. Owens doesn't walk, is not all that patient, and basically is a track guy. I bet Alexei could steal a base.