Juan Uribe Celebrates Racial Equality By Eating His Weight In Ribs

knightni

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 03:25 PM)
Uribe starting his annual shedding of any resemblance of a patient hitter. He will start to open up, swing for the fences and then the traditional crappy hitting begins.

Everybody seems to know this but the guy that named him the starting 2B and perhaps the Dodgers for trying to claim him off waivers.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 04:25 PM)
Uribe starting his annual shedding of any resemblance of a patient hitter. He will start to open up, swing for the fences and then the traditional crappy hitting begins.

He actually took a couple of pitches. Ignore a couple of other guys whiffed as well. Use that AB as proof positve Uribe will be crappy.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 03:45 PM)
He actually took a couple of pitches. Ignore a couple of other guys whiffed as well. Use that AB as proof positve Uribe will be crappy.

I'll use the past couple years of his performance on the team as proof positive he will be crappy.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 04:45 PM)

Yet you take 50 to 60 abs in spring training to dictate his performance over the hundreds of ABs over the past few years.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 04:51 PM)
Yet you take 50 to 60 abs in spring training to dictate his performance over the hundreds of ABs over the past few years.

I'm basing it on his talent, and the fact that he has been successful in the past. I actually predicted his success well before spring training. I base nothing on this spring, but I do give him kudos for earning the job. 2004 he wasn't too shabby, and for stretches every year he was just as good as anyone at his position. My projecting Uribe for possible success is based on a lot more than what people base future stardom for Josh Fields on or Alexei Ramirez.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 04:51 PM)
Excuse me Joe Morgan, but I think Griffey was marketed pretty well back in the 90's. But I do agree with you a bit that baseball lacks the marketing of individuals.

When Morgan goes off on these tangents he becomes dam near unlistenable!

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 03:00 PM)
Jose just made Reyes look damn stupid. I hope this is the Jose we are treated to the entire year. His fastball velocity is not where it was but he seems to have great command and a good plan of attack.

I finally got MLB.com's new media player to work for that at bat. Man JC totally aced the other Jose.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 04:55 PM)
I'm basing it on his talent, and the fact that he has been successful in the past. I actually predicted his success well before spring training. I base nothing on this spring, but I do give him kudos for earning the job. 2004 he wasn't too shabby, and for stretches every year he was just as good as anyone at his position. My projecting Uribe for possible success is based on a lot more than what people base future stardom for Josh Fields on or Alexei Ramirez.

You predict success based on a panic that the checks will stop and he will be motivated like he was in 04. 04 the only year he had success, as a role player. You know that baseball is filled with guys who look like allstars in limited action, yet get exposed over the course of a year. Uribe is one of them. He is a lazy, all or nothing guy who will hit about the same year in and year out. The fact that he had to battle into the last month just to overcome Brian Anderson in 06 for BA is horrible at best. He is Pedro Serrano who happens to play SS.

But please keep up with your delusions.

Beltran Belts one out to right. 2-0 Mets.

Edit: and that's exactly what Mackowiak did to kill us all the time in 06. Every time there was a ball Anderson would have caught...it scored.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 05:02 PM)
You predict success based on a panic that the checks will stop and he will be motivated like he was in 04. 04 the only year he had success, as a role player. You know that baseball is filled with guys who look like allstars in limited action, yet get exposed over the course of a year. Uribe is one of them. He is a lazy, all or nothing guy who will hit about the same year in and year out. The fact that he had to battle into the last month just to overcome Brian Anderson in 06 for BA is horrible at best. He is Pedro Serrano who happens to play SS.

But please keep up with your delusions.

I'm delusional, yet a good portion of your posts spout off about Greg Walker "teaching" hitters "lift and pull".