Your first place Chicago White Sox!

southsider2k5

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason it feels like getting a 2.5 game lead over Minny takes the same effort as building an 8 game lead. And if we had an 8 game lead, it'd feel like a 2.5 game lead.

This is exciting, but damn if it isn't a lot more relaxing to just go into September with a massive division lead.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 6, 2008 -> 11:38 PM)
For some reason it feels like getting a 2.5 game lead over Minny takes the same effort as building an 8 game lead. And if we had an 8 game lead, it'd feel like a 2.5 game lead.

This is exciting, but damn if it isn't a lot more relaxing to just go into September with a massive division lead.

Well, when we last entered the Twinkie Dome, we had a 2.5 game lead. Almost a month later, we have a 2.5 game lead. I remember saying at the time if we left MN with a 2.5 game lead, I'd be happy because there's that much less left on the season.

I gotta tell you - I want at LEAST a three game lead going into that series. And right now we have it... in the loss column. When we play that game in hand, I hope we get a W.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 6, 2008 -> 11:44 PM)
Well, when we last entered the Twinkie Dome, we had a 2.5 game lead. Almost a month later, we have a 2.5 game lead. I remember saying at the time if we left MN with a 2.5 game lead, I'd be happy because there's that much less left on the season.

I gotta tell you - I want at LEAST a three game lead going into that series. And right now we have it... in the loss column. When we play that game in hand, I hope we get a W.

I believe we haven't attained a 2.5 game lead/3 game loss column lead since we entered the Twinkie Dome either. Until tonight. I am just assuming we will lose 2 out of 3 up there. That would mean we tie them in the series series (I think we're up 8-7 right now) and I could live with that, but we need to have a small cushion and hopefully we can get it.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 6, 2008 -> 11:38 PM)

Ain't that the truth.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 8, 2008 -> 01:55 AM)
We just have to be up 2 or 3 heading into Minnesota. We have to be able to withstand a possible sweep. If we are tied with them or one down entering the series and they sweep, the season is OVA.

If we can't win one in Minny, we probably have no right winning the division. I do think 1-2 in Minny isn't so terrible a statement, and 2-1 shouts we won it. I'd rather not "back into a division title, but hey, anyway is ultimately fine.

This weekend was solid. Adding to a lead while we're playing a divisional winner and they are playing a out of it loser, is pretty damn sweet.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Sep 8, 2008 -> 04:03 PM)
If we can't win one in Minny, we probably have no right winning the division. I do think 1-2 in Minny isn't so terrible a statement, and 2-1 shouts we won it. I'd rather not "back into a division title, but hey, anyway is ultimately fine.

This weekend was solid. Adding to a lead while we're playing a divisional winner and they are playing a out of it loser, is pretty damn sweet.

I mostly agree with this, except that I'm fine backing into a divisional winner. :headbang

this toronto series makes me very nervous...why do we get the teams in Sept that are hot (Indians, Jays)...

We should be able to get one in MN, but I think we need a little extra room for the last 3 when we play CLE and they play KC.

Edited by chiguy79

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 8, 2008 -> 11:53 AM)
82-60 +2.5 games

20 games left to play.

No bad for a season when it seemed everyone here under 30 wanted to hand the division to Cleveland / Detroit, trade for two or three years down the road "while the players had value".

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 8, 2008 -> 01:26 PM)
Too bad we're actually 80-62. 22 games over sounds a whole lot better than 18.

indeed it does

a little 7 game winning streak or so would help out a lot, because Minny may be able to make up a few games playing KC. Just hope Tampa finds some way to get hot over the next week, and hopefully Longoria will be back in the lineup for the series. I also believe they will face Kazmir so that sounds nice to me too.

It's going to be a grind down the stretch.