2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 04:01 PM)
Reed Johnson has been a godsend for the Cubs. He's batting about .340 against LHP.

Time to give Hawk a shoutout -- he's been talking up Johnson for years.

If the Pirates have any sack, the next time they play, he'll be knocked on his ass for holding his arm up around the bases. More bush league, Cub bulls***.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 09:22 PM)
At least the Pirates took one game, that's all I was really hoping for. And now the Cubs get the great Houston Astros.

And they miss Oswalt for the 100th time this year. Can Berkman improve on his .010 batting average vs the Cubs?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 03:25 PM)
And they miss Oswalt for the 100th time this year. Can Berkman improve on his .010 batting average vs the Cubs?

Oswalt has been bad for the most part this year. Wandy Rodriguez owns the Cubs.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 09:15 PM)
And just like last year, they're coming unglued. Tonight, Parra and Fielder got into a shoving match in the dugout. I tell you, Yost has got to go.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=280804117

It's really a shame. They should be 4 games up on the cubs. Who would you like to see replace Yost?

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 09:35 PM)
It's really a shame. They should be 4 games up on the cubs. Who would you like to see replace Yost?

Great question, and I'm not sure I have an answer. It's funny, but one guy that I think could actually get them going is Phil Garner. But he was there for so long before, and with such mediocre results (though with different talent), I'm not sure he'd be welcomed.

I'd say they need either a calming, elder statesman type (Jim Fregosi, or is he too old?) or a true feisty guy, like Garner or even Bobby Valentine (next year, I guess). Yost, I think, is the worst of all worlds -- wound too tight but not really a credible motivator either.

Edited by Friend of Nordhagen

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 09:43 PM)
Great question, and I'm not sure I have an answer. It's funny, but one guy that I think could actually get them going is Phil Garner. But he was there for so long before, and with such mediocre results (though with different talent), I'm not sure he'd be welcomed.

I'd say they need either a calming, elder statesman type (Jim Fregosi, or is he too old?) or a true feisty guy, like Garner or even Bobby Valentine (next year, I guess). Yost, I think, is the worst of all worlds -- wound too tight but not really a credible motivator either.

IMO Ozzie would be perfect for them. He brings the fire and passion they need.

Game Delayed again in the Bottom of the 8th. There was some nasty thunder and lightning, that sounded sweet on tv, but all the players scattered away and the rain came. Updates to come

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 10:11 PM)
Game Delayed again in the Bottom of the 8th. There was some nasty thunder and lightning, that sounded sweet on tv, but all the players scattered away and the rain came. Updates to come

Did you see Berkman? LMAO