2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

Not sure why Piniella brings Howry into games that are close. He has been awful this year.

He should of had Hermida struck out but the ump called a pitch down the middle a ball. 2 pitches later, Jeremy hits one onto Sheffield.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 05:01 PM)
Latest in the line of Wood and Prior -- the Chicago media, in concert with Jim Hendry, has been pumping this guy up for more than a year.

Nah, Wood and Prior has elite stuff, Samadjanasdja has a good fastball with pretty pedestrian breaking stuff, and only projects as a pen guy. Those two were both Aces at one time or another.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 08:03 PM)
1-1 Brew/Stros in the 7th.

3-1 Astors in 8th. Brewers can not go 7-0 on a road trip than lose Game 1 at home vs. Houston.

They have been doing a lot of come backs recently.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 04:19 PM)
Not sure why Piniella brings Howry into games that are close. He has been awful this year.

He should of had Hermida struck out but the ump called a pitch down the middle a ball. 2 pitches later, Jeremy hits one onto Sheffield.

Any time Howry craps the bed is a great day in baseball.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 03:20 PM)
Bullpen blows another win for Harden. LOL

The cubs have yet to benefit from the Harden deal .lol

Meanwhile, the Brew Crews are 4-0 with CC.

I love it!

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 01:28 PM)
the game is far from over fellas...especially when the cubs are at home

Yeah I know but here lately the Cubs are playing like they are dieing to collapse.

I have watched very little of umpire Rob Drake, but everything I have seen from him I dont like. the guy loves to cause controversy on the field. He has thrown out chicago managers and coaches 4 times this year.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 01:56 PM)
Rob Drake is horrible.

As I was writing the same thing

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 02:56 PM)
Rob Drake is horrible.

On second look it was closer than I thought, but still, he's a goddamned lightning rod for close calls.

First off, he was out, lay off Drake.

Second of all, sliding makes it 10x harder to judge the play. It's retarded to slide head first, just stupid.

Then you are gonna get tossed as a nobody first base coach throwing your hat, then he bumped him, then Piniella made an ass of himself, and bumped another umpire.

Lay off Drake and don't mix in anything else that he has or hasn't done. Guy did one hell of a job.

Hanley makes a great play by throwing out DeRosa at first on a headfirst slide, Sinatro argues and throws his helmut, Lou runs out of the dugout and argues a call that the ump got right, fans throw trash on the field and take pictures with their camera phones.

Just another day at Wrigley.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 02:01 PM)
First off, he was out, lay off Drake.

Second of all, sliding makes it 10x harder to judge the play. It's retarded to slide head first, just stupid.

Then you are gonna get tossed as a nobody first base coach throwing your hat, then he bumped him, then Piniella made an ass of himself, and bumped another umpire.

Lay off Drake and don't mix in anything else that he has or hasn't done. Guy did one hell of a job.

Hell of a call and made the right decision by throwing out a first base coach for being a baby.

Love how Len and Bob cannot admit that he was out.