2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 24, 2008 -> 09:58 PM)
Brawl in the cubs minor league game tonight...I think Peoria vs Dayton...17 ejections, which were reversed to finish the game.

Coaches were arguing, guy comes out of nowhere and fires the ball into the opposing dugout - well i should say tried to - misses, hits a fan who goes to the hospital, chaos ensues.

SC had some of the 'highlights'

The player was then arrested and taken to jail. That was insane, that guy really came out of nowhere

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 04:51 AM)
The player was then arrested and taken to jail. That was insane, that guy really came out of nowhere

I like the precedent this incident has provided us with -- players throwing balls into the stands! I hope it catches on in the majors.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 06:16 AM)
I like the precedent this incident has provided us with -- players throwing balls into the stands! I hope it catches on in the majors.

Im wondering how that fan is doing. Can you imagine sitting there watching a brawl unfold, and all of the sudden a pitcher comes running up and whips a ball at you full speed from about 10-15 feet closer than a mound?

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 06:54 AM)
Im wondering how that fan is doing. Can you imagine sitting there watching a brawl unfold, and all of the sudden a pitcher comes running up and whips a ball at you full speed from about 10-15 feet closer than a mound?

Lawsuit anyone?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 07:01 AM)
Lawsuit anyone?

That isnt even a question, its a certainty.

Ahh, the Cubs must be wishing for the good ole days when their prospects threw baseballs at endangered birds as opposed to fans

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 07:14 AM)
That isnt even a question, its a certainty.

Ahh, the Cubs must be wishing for the good ole days when their prospects threw baseballs at endangered birds as opposed to fans

Birds and players in the opposing on deck circle.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 06:19 AM)
Birds and players in the opposing on deck circle.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. That was during college though, so it wasnt really on the Cubs organization

I like how as this was all going down, the Peoria Chiefs announcer was reacting to the fans booing after the idiot threw the ball into the stands. He said something like "I don't know why they're booing, it's their hotheaded players that started all of this."

Edited by chimpy2121

Low Single-A Peoria's Julio Castillo was arrested on felony assault charges after throwing a baseball into the stands and sending a fan to the hospital on Thursday.

Castillo was one of 15 or 17 players (depending on the report) ejected in a game against Dayton that included two beanings and a broken leg sustained by the fielder on a hard slide into second. With the managers already arguing, Castillo got the brawl started by firing a ball towards the Dayton dugout, apparently with the intention of drilling a player, not a fan. The 20-year-old Dominican is expected to be arraigned on Friday. It seems highly unlikely that he'll be back on a minor league mound this season, and if he's convicted of a felony, he'll probably have his visa revoked. To top it off, we imagine he's going to face a lawsuit as well. Jul. 25 - 3:06 am et

I like how as this was all go doing, the Peoria Chiefs announcer was reacting to the fans booing after the idiot threw the ball into the stands. He said something like "I don't know why they're booing, it's their hotheaded players that started all of this."

Clearly it was Dayton's fault for getting beaned three times in the inning, including one to the head.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 10:45 AM)
I like how as this was all go doing, the Peoria Chiefs announcer was reacting to the fans booing after the idiot threw the ball into the stands. He said something like "I don't know why they're booing, it's their hotheaded players that started all of this."

Wow, what a dumb comment.

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 01:12 PM)
Jeff Samardzija was called up to the Big League Roster, If no one posted it yet.

Wow, they are really rushing this guy aren't they?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 02:34 PM)
Wow, they are really rushing this guy aren't they?

I think its a fine move, its the one time ill actually cheer for the cubs. He had college experience obviously, I think they put him right at AA last season, then started in AA this season and was moved up to AAA and he was 4-1 in 6 starts with a 3.13 era. He'll be used as a long reliever

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 25, 2008 -> 03:29 PM)
He definitely throws hard with a lot of movement.

But sheesh, Brenly was ready to retire his number after he struck out Amezega.

i already had the HOF induction ready