2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (YASNY @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 06:06 AM)
The Brewers? The same Brewers that the Cubs just swept 4 games from in Milwaukee? Those Brewers?

Including both of their aces.

Sorry everyone, but the Cubs are a good baseball team this year. I would not be surprised to see them win the NL pennant.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 12:29 AM)
The Cubs should be terrified of the Phillies, because if they can ever get their s*** together, they are the biggest challenge to the Cubs IMO. They play well on the road, have an offense than can slug with the Cubs, and have a good bullpen. In fact, I think a lot of the same things can be said about the Marlins, another team in that race (although their pen isn't as good as the Phillies). I don't think the Mets win that division.

I will say this, the way the Cubs are built is to take leads early and play at home. I think in October, if you can keep it close into the 6th and 7th innings, and just try and steal a game at Wrigley, you can beat them for sure.

The Cubs have alot of trouble beating the marlins as well.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 04:16 PM)
So assuming Cubs make the playoffs, who do you think we want them to face in the 1st round? Arizona has the pitching in Webb/Haren/RJ to beat the Cubs, but I worry about Arizona's hitting and their propensity to strike out. I like the Dodgers offense now, but all I see in their rotation is Lowe/Billingsley and shaky bullpen without Saito. The pitcher who's been the best against the Cubs in the past two years has been Cole Hamels, so I wouldn't mind seeing the Phillies get the Cubs in the 1st round.

Hiroki Kuroda is pretty solid for the Dodgers, though he's struggled a bit lately. He's already shut the Cubs down once this year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 02:31 PM)
Two very mediocre starting pitchers in this game.

And a s***ty ump behind the dish. Backe was throwing on the corners and getting no calls that Marquis was getting.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 02:31 PM)
Len Kasper is a boob.

The national league is so freaking god awful its sick.

Fixed.

How long are they going to leave Backe in? Well, now they are taking him out....after giving up 10 runs and having the bases loaded with 1 out in the 4th. Jesus, took you long enough Cooper.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 03:55 PM)
I still can't believe the A's couldn't get a better package than what they got from the Cubs.

Hendry hosed them. They now have zero of those players contributing for the big league team. We could have given them Josh Fields and it would give the A's more value.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 03:14 PM)
Dimitri Young vs 2005 White Sox = Troy Glaus vs 2008 Cubs

0-29 and counting for Glaus

What an idiot. Why even take the bat off yoru shoulder 3-0 when he wasn't even close on those pitches. Strike 2 was way outside but Glaus didn't deserve to get the walk after that boneheaded move.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 02:56 PM)
Ugh, I hate Jim Edmonds. I can't believe he's performing so well for the Cubs. He must have realized he lost his abilities while in San Diego and decided to go on the juice again.

It is amazing how he goes from sucking to all of a sudden hitting homers.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 04:21 PM)
It is amazing how he goes from sucking to all of a sudden hitting homers.

what is amazing is how this cardinals team can remain in contention...i honestly think they would be in dead last in the AL central...

ugh god the NL is just so stinking bad

oh and for the record... http://teamrankings.com/mlb/27powerratings.php3

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 03:57 PM)
what is amazing is how this cardinals team can remain in contention...i honestly think they would be in dead last in the AL central...

ugh god the NL is just so stinking bad

oh and for the record... http://teamrankings.com/mlb/27powerratings.php3

naaa...Cleveland.