AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

RME JICO

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 08:20 PM)
If Boston had to replay yesterday's game, then yes, we would be the 1st to 10 wins. ;)

Also, when was the last time we hit back to back home runs in back to back games?

Fixed. :lolhitting

I don't know about the B2B HRs, but I hope they keep it up.

And the devil will drag you under

By the sharp lapel of your checkered coat,

Sit down, sit down, sit down, sit down,

Sit down you're rockin' the boat.

Just staying with the Guys and Dolls theme from the game thread.

Nice win .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Look at this stat;

The White Sox have out-homered their opponents 24-5 this season.

And we're actually getting guys on base in front of them now.

Also Quentin currently has a GPA of .297 before today's game. To get .300 for that, you're considered to be an offensive star.

But as for the game, Javy's pitched very well in his last 3 starts now, and the offense keeps coming through. Real good chance for a sweep looking at the pitching matchups for this series.

QUOTE (max power @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 03:35 AM)
How was pablo at third?

In the first inning he screwed up on a groundball by Iwamura, and he also screwed up on the botched run-down play in the second inning, he threw the ball too quickly and followed the runner, so 3rd base was unoccupied so Longoria ran back to third and was safe. After that I cannot recall too many chances for him

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 11:42 PM)
Look at this stat;

And we're actually getting guys on base in front of them now.

Also Quentin currently has a GPA of .297 before today's game. To get .300 for that, you're considered to be an offensive star.

But as for the game, Javy's pitched very well in his last 3 starts now, and the offense keeps coming through. Real good chance for a sweep looking at the pitching matchups for this series.

What's GPA?

QUOTE (YASNY @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 10:46 PM)
What's GPA?

That's the 2nd time I've been asked that. :lol:

GPA stands for Gross Production Average. It's a stat used from the Hardball Times.

A variation of OPS, but more accurate and easier to interpret. The exact formula is (OBP*1.8+SLG)/4, adjusted for ballpark factor. The scale of GPA is similar to BA: .200 is lousy, .265 is around average and .300 is a star. A simple formula for converting GPA to runs is PA*1.356*(GPA^1.77).

For comparions sake, Uribe has a GPA of .168, Cabrera a GPA of .242, and Pierzynski a GPA of .304.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 08:07 AM)

GPA stands for Gross Production Average. It's a stat used from the Hardball Times.

A variation of OPS, but more accurate and easier to interpret. The exact formula is (OBP*1.8+SLG)/4, adjusted for ballpark factor. The scale of GPA is similar to BA: .200 is lousy, .265 is around average and .300 is a star. A simple formula for converting GPA to runs is PA*1.356*(GPA^1.77).

For comparions sake, Uribe has a GPA of .168, Cabrera a GPA of .242, and Pierzynski a GPA of .304.

Where is the ballpark factor adjustment?Is it in the 1.8 or the /4?And how do they come up with those numbers?

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 11:20 PM)
Where is the ballpark factor adjustment?Is it in the 1.8 or the /4?And how do they come up with those numbers?

Well let's crunch some numbers and try to work it out ourselves.

Quentin's GPA is .297. He has an OBP of .373 according to THT, and a SLG of .551.

(.373 * 1.8 + .551) / 4 = .306

Uribe's OBP is .228, SLG of .283 (GPA of .168)

(.228 * 1.8 + 2.83) / 4 = .173

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 08:07 AM)

Last time you wrote that I thought it was a typo. I never saw a response to my ignorant post.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 07:30 AM)
Well let's crunch some numbers and try to work it out ourselves.

Quentin's GPA is .297. He has an OBP of .373 according to THT, and a SLG of .551.

(.373 * 1.8 + .551) / 4 = .306

Uribe's OBP is .228, SLG of .283 (GPA of .168)

(.228 * 1.8 + 2.83) / 4 = .173

I think he means where did they come up with 1.8 and 4?