4/19 Gamethread: Sox (10-6) at Rays (7-10); 6:10; WGN

iWiN4PreP

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 07:29 PM)
The others players have actually contirbuted something at the plate this season, unlike Uribe. Thats the difference.

He's had a couple of big hits this season, and contributed more than most defensively. He also hit one ball hard tonight, which not everyone in the line-up could say.It just amazing and silly when a team scores no runs and gets 3 hits that every other post is about Uribe. Maybe the "upgrade" at SS KW acquired who cost 3 runs tonight could get a little blame. Or the fact that 4 guys other than Uribe, in the line-up tonight are hitting below .200. Or maybe give the $56 million pitcher some grief.

I would like to know from all who bash Uribe after every loss, exactly how many more games they would have won up until now with Ramirez? playing second? Its a serious question.

Edited by Dick Allen

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

look at our record at this point last year, after 17 games, we were 9-8, this year we're 10-7

1 game better, don't get too excited for this years team just yet, with the way our offense is resembling 2007, this could be a long year.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 07:40 PM)
look at our record at this point last year, after 17 games, we were 9-8, this year we're 10-7

1 game better, don't get too excited for this years team just yet, with the way our offense is resembling 2007, this could be a long year.

I read a couple of weeks ago the White Sox were actually above .500 last April. I didn't remember it like that, but it pretty much fell apart quickly after that. It is early, but this team does have a lot more life than last year's version. They might not win 95 games, but at least they will be worth watching this summer.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 02:44 AM)
I read a couple of weeks ago the White Sox were actually above .500 last April. I didn't remember it like that, but it pretty much fell apart quickly after that. It is early, but this team does have a lot more life than last year's version. They might not win 95 games, but at least they will be worth watching this summer.

24-20 after 44 games last year. I agree that this year's team is better, considering the energy and the relief corps. Also, the Indians, Tigers, and Twins are not as good as they were in 2007.

I'm concerned about coming out with a ton of energy...and suddenly going completely flat. It just smells of the team of last year too much for me. We need that energy day in a day out. What's wrong with using Brian Anderson for some of that youthful exuberance. THAT'S my b**** about Uribe Dick Allen...he NEVER sits. Especially when he's dead set on having Toby Hall in the lineup which is a complete buzz kill in the first place. I don't give a crap even if he did have a hit tonight...HE'S. A. BUZZKILL!!!!!!!

Andy Sonnanstine pitched a brilliant three-hit shutout against the White Sox Saturday.

He definitely needed this with Scott Kazmir and Matt Garza on the road back. Sonnanstine recorded four strikeouts and walked only one. All three hits he allowed were singles. The performance took his ERA from 8.80 to 5.55. If he can turn in another good one next week against the Jays, he shouldn't have to worry about losing his rotation spot early next month.