Konerko needs to be benched/traded

YonderLaroche

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paulie's OPS in his 1st 2 months are the worst out of any period of time over his career.

He's a notorious slow starter. But we've got other guys who are picking up the slack.

His GPA did slip to .272 last season (from the high .290's to .300's in his prev. 3 seasons), and he's currently at .227.

So what does that mean? We just better hope he's not aging quickly, and his bat is slowing down.

There's a slight concern, but I'm confident he'll rebound.

I know he's only batting 9th but if you guys want to b**** about someone not hitting you should focus on Juan Uribe. Years on this team and he's still going up there time after time and hitting nothing at all but air. I don't see any threads bashing him around here.

I can't stand his trotting ass, but this start is nothing new. Every year it's the same turtle start and it's the same threads calling for him to be traded. Come July there won't be enough chap stick to go around.

QUOTE (Steff @ Apr 21, 2008 -> 12:42 PM)
I can't stand his trotting ass, but this start is nothing new. Every year it's the same turtle start and it's the same threads calling for him to be traded. Come July there won't be enough chap stick to go around.

Not by me lol, I have never ever liked Konerko and ofcourse his crappy start this year aint helping. I was actually hoping he would be gone after the 05 year but wasnt the case. That being said he will heat up prob mid may to early june and all the kong lovers will be back.

Not by me lol, I have never ever liked Konerko and ofcourse his crappy start this year aint helping. I was actually hoping he would be gone after the 05 year but wasnt the case. That being said he will heat up prob mid may to early june and all the kong lovers will be back.

I have always liked Konerko, but I have to admit, lately his "ho-hum" attitude has really been wearing on me. You don't have to be balls to the wall all the time, but some occasional emotion would be nice.

I love how every time a proven player has a slump, we get stupid threads like these. Paulie has had major slumps in each of the last three years at least. Would you like to check his overall stats from each of those three years? Paulie will hit. And so far, he's actually had some timely hitting, and I don't see that much in someone who's in a slump. And look at the standings. How exactly is Paulie "killing" this team? That's stupid. I think a lot of "fans" just need some sort of bulls*** to complain about.

[/thread]

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE (the People's Champ @ Apr 21, 2008 -> 01:01 PM)
I have always liked Konerko, but I have to admit, lately his "ho-hum" attitude has really been wearing on me. You don't have to be balls to the wall all the time, but some occasional emotion would be nice.

Ha, out of everyone on the team, I would say Paulie takes failure the hardest.

Ha, out of everyone on the team, I would say Paulie takes failure the hardest.

I would say Paulie, Swisher, AJ and Jenks take failure the hardest. Failure doesn't seem to bother Uribe or Contreras.

I'm not sure, but i think historically, May has been Paulie's worst month for hitting. So we'll see how long his 171 avg will hold off from "killing" our team. I don't think hes killing our team, but weakly hit ground balls to the short stop drive me insane, and my mental state is much more important.

QUOTE (NUKE @ Apr 21, 2008 -> 04:08 AM)
I know he's only batting 9th but if you guys want to b**** about someone not hitting you should focus on Juan Uribe. Years on this team and he's still going up there time after time and hitting nothing at all but air. I don't see any threads bashing him around here.

Do you have me on ignore or something?

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Apr 21, 2008 -> 12:18 PM)
I'm not sure, but i think historically, May has been Paulie's worst month for hitting. So we'll see how long his 171 avg will hold off from "killing" our team. I don't think hes killing our team, but weakly hit ground balls to the short stop drive me insane, and my mental state is much more important.

Split	HR	RBI	BB	SO	BA	OBP	SLG	OPS	tOPS+																			

Apr/Mar 42 157 87 144 0.274 0.346 0.477 0.822 95

May 38 126 92 161 0.229 0.312 0.408 0.72 71

June 57 161 90 123 0.305 0.379 0.554 0.934 120

July 53 149 87 120 0.292 0.358 0.528 0.886 109

August 45 159 93 140 0.292 0.363 0.514 0.878 107

Sept/Oct44 156 99 141 0.283 0.356 0.482 0.838 99

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Apr 21, 2008 -> 02:18 PM)

So it'll get worse before it gets better...

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 12:27 PM)
We are like the second or third lowest in team BA and he's bragging?

And we are by far #1 in runs per game and third in team OPS in the AL, and you're complaining?

Edited by Vance Law

Wow...some of you are HARSH, with a capital ARSH!

Look at his OBP...it's low at .319, but that's low because of his BA. He has 10 BB and 14 Ks. That's better than usual. Once he starts hitting, and he will, that OBP is going to go up as well. I know a lot of people would bash players like Pierre who had higher OBPs but only based on a high BA. Well, this is the opposite.

Basically what I'm saying is, this team is much more patient at the plate than it has been in previous years (well, last year, at least) and that will eventually translate into hits as the season wears on. Even if he hits only .250, that's a HUUUUGE improvement over a .319 OBP.