In General, Which Cities Sports Fans do you despise the Most?

Which Cities Sports Fans do you despise the Most?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What Cities Sports Fans do you despise the Most?

• Boston
    • Anything Canadian
    • Cleveland
    • Detroit
    • Green Bay
    • L.A or other West Coast Cities
    • New York
    • Anything Texas
    • Other
    • I love everybody

Boston. Oh my god. Nobody else is this obnoxious. Specifically, it's all the Patriots "fans" who were barely even aware they had a team not named the Red Sox that played in Boston before 2001, but now are acting like they've been fans forever, and rubbing their success in everyone else's faces.

Obviously, this doesn't count the real Boston fans who are like everyone else, but there's only like 418 of those guys.

Boston. Be forewarned though, we'll have exactly the same situation the moment the Cubbies win it. It's already been pretty bad coming off a remarkable choke in the '03 NLCS and being swept in last years NLDS. A World Series winner on the North Side would make Cubbies fans unspeakably bad.

Edited by ChiSox35

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ Apr 21, 2008 -> 02:40 PM)
Boston. Be forewarned though, we'll have exactly the same situation the moment the Cubbies win it. It's already been pretty bad coming off a remarkable choke in the '03 NLCS and being swept in last years NLDS. A World Series winner on the North Side would make Cubbies fans unspeakably bad.

I just have to make sure I am not living in the midwest if it ever happens.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 01:01 AM)
Right now its Boston, but to be fair right now they have an elite team in all 3 major sports... any city that has that is going to have a lot of obnoxious fans.

They were only good in 2 sports when the majority of their fans chanted "Yankees Suck" for an entire half inning at a Wsox-rsox game here in chicago during a summer 2005 game.

Having been to Sox games at home against every AL team and a number of NL teams... NYY, BOS and CLE are all bad in their own special ways. NYY and BOS are already spoken for, no need to add there. But CLE fans are terrible too, but with a lot less reason to be. The fact that they still incessantly boo Thome is a prime example, when compared to how well the Sox fans treat Thomas, who was far more standoffish as a player than Thome ever was.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 09:08 AM)
I'm going to go out of the norm, and say Philly.

But I do hate New York (uh oh) and Boston also obviously, as most people do.

To me Philly and Boston are definitely the 2 worse... but only one was a choice on poll so that was my choice.

If Philly is going to be included, then honestly Chicago should be too. I would say we probably have the same proportion of uneducated but know-it-all meatheads and mouth-breathing fans (fully accounted for between both the Cubs and Sox fanbases and fully represented within the Bears) as Philly does. However, they are a lot meaner than we are, we don't boo Santa Claus or throw batteries at players.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 10:47 PM)
If Philly is going to be included, then honestly Chicago should be too. I would say we probably have the same proportion of uneducated but know-it-all meatheads and mouth-breathing fans (fully accounted for between both the Cubs and Sox fanbases and fully represented within the Bears) as Philly does. However, they are a lot meaner than we are, we don't boo Santa Claus or throw batteries at players.

or how about laugh when a player gets a career ending injury. Not saying Chicago is perfect by any means..... Philly is just a whole lot worse.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 05:43 PM)
For me Minnesota is the choice. Chicago deals with the Twins and the Vikings. Instead of picking Other, I picked anything Canada just for fun and since Minnesota is next to Cananda.

In my experiences at the Cell, I have usually found Twins fans to be the most reasonable and least obnoxious.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 02:53 AM)
or how about laugh when a player gets a career ending injury. Not saying Chicago is perfect by any means..... Philly is just a whole lot worse.

I thought it was a standing ovation?