8/25 Gm. 1 - SOX vs./@ BAL, 5:05 CT, CSN

knightni

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 12:04 AM)
A fitting end to this one. Maybe Ozzie will realize you can't give away an out with a bad bunter down one in your potential last at bat. We deserved that loss between that managerial gaffe and the way we played this game back in April. Oh well, gotta win tonight now.

When will this POS learn to stop bunting!!

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 12:05 AM)
Please archive this pathetic game thread. LOL at the comments about AJ and Ozzie. LOL at thinking a player from the Twins org cant bunt. This board is a walking talking ad for Xanax

Answer me this...why in the f*** would you bunt to make it so they won't pitch to Quentin?

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 06:06 PM)
The fact that people are blaming today on Ozzie is just so mind blowing. I know why the old posters no longer read gameday threads.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 06:05 PM)
Please archive this pathetic game thread. LOL at the comments about AJ and Ozzie. LOL at thinking a player from the Twins org cant bunt. This board is a walking talking ad for Xanax

Even the most outrageous Ozzie supporters, such as you two, cannot argue against this. The board just shut down, most likely from the uproar of Ozzie throwing this one away.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 06:11 PM)
Since we decided we don't need this game, WE BETTER f***ING WIN TONIGHT.

Ozzie clearly was saving up the bullpen for tonight's game, and figured he'd hand the O's a win, so that we can win the second game. He better f***ing do it.

Yah... that's exactly what he was doing...

I've been one of Ozzie's biggest defenders all year, as people like fathom among others would tell you because I've defended him in a lot of threads this season, but you can't defend what he did tonight. It was just atrocious.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 06:04 PM)
A fitting end to this one. Maybe Ozzie will realize you can't give away an out with a bad bunter down one in your potential last at bat. We deserved that loss between that managerial gaffe and the way we played this game back in April. Oh well, gotta win tonight now.

no offense WSF, I agree with you, but all the "oh wells" on this board will eventually add up to a MN +4.5 games by Sept30th

when this regular season ends in another disappointment, we all need look no further than the various bone headed mgr decisions, terrible baserunning, terrible execution that determines whether we're watching the a Cubs only post season vs. a Cubs & Sox post season

if I'm a MN fan, or player, I'm sitting there licking my chops everytime we do something as collossally stupid as having our 300 hitting catcher bunt with one out

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 11:16 PM)
I've been one of Ozzie's biggest defenders all year, as people like fathom among others would tell you because I've defended him in a lot of threads this season, but you can't defend what he did tonight. It was just atrocious.

Just put the 9 best players possible on the field, and let them hit away until there's 27 outs against them. Smallball has created so many damn unproductive outs lately.

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 06:28 PM)
no offense WSF, I agree with you, but all the "oh wells" on this board will eventually add up to a MN +4.5 games by Sept30th

when this regular season ends in another disappointment, we all need look no further than the various bone headed mgr decisions, terrible baserunning, terrible execution that determines whether we're watching the a Cubs only post season vs. a Cubs & Sox post season

if I'm a MN fan, or player, I'm sitting there licking my chops everytime we do something as collossally stupid as having our 300 hitting catcher bunt with one out

Agreed 100 percent, and when the season ends I will look back and dread the boneheaded mistakes this team made that lost them games and kept them out of the playoffs IF that indeed happens. But for now, you can't cry over spilt milk, especially with another game about to start. Although this game is an exception to a certain degree, because it's hard to get over what Ozzie did this evening. But yeah, we just have to win tonight and get over what just happened.

Edited by whitesoxfan101