8/25 Gm. 1 - SOX vs./@ BAL, 5:05 CT, CSN

knightni

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 04:51 PM)
The 38 people in the stadium and stadium dimensions have had no affect on the proceedings so far. Horacio Ramirez just isn't very good, and then we had to bring the already overused D.J. Carrasco in which I'm sure isn't what we wanted to do at all, he's probably not going to be available for game 2 or tomorrow's game now. Not good.

This umpire seems to be affected.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 04:51 PM)
The 38 people in the stadium and stadium dimensions have had no affect on the proceedings so far. Horacio Ramirez just isn't very good, and then we had to bring the already overused D.J. Carrasco in which I'm sure isn't what we wanted to do at all, he's probably not going to be available for game 2 or tomorrow's game now. Not good.

why's everyone blasting Horacio? He pitched two solid innings and shouldn't have been out there for the 3rd one. That's where the manager comes into play.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 05:48 PM)
Huge DP. Too bad one batter too late. We can score a run to tie it, i just fear we'll see 3 pop ups due to 3 HR swings

and that's why the front page of ESPN MLB right now has the Cubs, Angels, and Rays with a question mark asking who it will be?

there's too much koolaid here to realize that our inability to close out easy opportunities like this (4 innings to score one freaking run against terrible pitching) is why most experts are not talking WhiteSox baseball.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 11:55 PM)
If you want to rip on Ozzie here, go ahead. There is certainly NO excuse to have A.J. bunting here.

Yep, just got home to see that debacle. What a f***ing joke, bunting in front of Quentin. When you add this to what happened in the actual game months ago, you have just a brutal managerial game.