Masset (0-0) vs. Blackburn (1-1)- 12:10 CDT, CSN

TitoMB345

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 01:46 PM)
Swing the freaking bat! The next 30 hours or so before the next game should be fun. I think everyone on the 25 man roster will be traded or benched on this board.

they need to send Ramirez down and try and pick up a legit bat off the bench. I think A-Ram has a ton of talent, but he needs to get regular ABs and the bench just has nothing on it

Once again the Latino players on this team are useless as one of them is unable to properly travel with the team and the others feel that taking a pitch is somehow disasterous.

The bench is f***ing joke right now with Ramirez, Ozuna and Uribe as they are all useless at this point in time.

Please bring up somebody with a baseball IQ who can also show some effort.

Sorry but I am not seeing this offense magically reappear. There are way to many hitters that have shown that they are on the decline.

This team needs a day off, thank god they're getting one.

They look horrible in almost every facet of the game, and whats worse is our pitching is keeping these games from looking far worse than they actually are.

I've been negative on this team as of late, and their play the last week is why. This is as non-fundamental and sad as it gets. Botched bunts, unable to make contact when all you need to do is make contact, etc...it's just BAD.

Get the day off and shake up this lineup.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 07:46 PM)
Swing the freaking bat! The next 30 hours or so before the next game should be fun. I think everyone on the 25 man roster will be traded or benched on this board.

We need some bench help I think for sure. I know the season has along way to go, but we are starting to show where the cracks are in this team. Maybe this will be our slump and things will improve, but I hope soon.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 03:47 PM)
Wasserman has done a good job of putting guys on base since he has come up.

He has been up for like 4 days and has pitched in 3 games, barely even a full inning.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 01:48 PM)
This team needs a day off, thank god they're getting one.

They look horrible in almost every facet of the game, and whats worse is our pitching is keeping these games from looking far worse than they actually are.

I've been negative on this team as of late, and their play the last week is why. This is as non-fundamental and sad as it gets. Botched bunts, unable to make contact when all you need to do is make contact, etc...it's just BAD.

Get the day off and shake up this lineup.

They were off Friday and last Monday?

Today might be the defining game of the Greg Walker era. The Twins put Delmon Young 20 feet off of the LF line, as they knew the Sox would try and pull everything. That's like when Purdue didn't even have someone guard Chester Frazier on the perimeter.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 11:52 AM)
Today might be the defining game of the Greg Walker era. The Twins put Delmon Young 20 feet off of the LF line, as they knew the Sox would try and pull everything. That's like when Purdue didn't even have someone guard Chester Frazier on the perimeter.

i think that has more to do with their speed at LF and CF. He did chase down a shot to the gap.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 03:52 PM)

Or how nobody ever guarded Ben Wallace.

Then again Young is a pretty damn good LF. I guess it's kind of like how Anderson likes to play shallow in CF.

Edited by lostfan

If this offense sputters for much longer it gets to the point, whether it is Walker's fault or not, they have to change hitting coaches. The players aren't going anywhere, maybe a different voice will make a difference. It is grasping at straws, but with last year and this recent stretch, they can't sit on their hands, the SPing has been way too good

Edited by SoxFan562004

Everyone who thinks this team is in a slump is not being realistic. This team hasn't hit for a couple of seasons now, slumps don't last that long. I think it's time to realize that the players we have on offense just aren't very good. They are old and slow and I think this year is gonna be just like last year in terms of hitting. We will be better in the starting pitching and bullpen, but hitting wise, this is the team we are stuck with.

QUOTE (frankie5angels @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 03:00 PM)
Everyone who thinks this team is in a slump is not being realistic. This team hasn't hit for a couple of seasons now, slumps don't last that long. I think it's time to realize that the players we have on offense just aren't very good. They are old and slow and I think this year is gonna be just like last year in terms of hitting. We will be better in the starting pitching and bullpen, but hitting wise, this is the team we are stuck with.

OLD? Hardly. Slow? I can't disagree with you there, though I don't think it has much to do with why we're not hitting the baseball.

QUOTE (SoxWS05 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:03 PM)
That AB by Swisher was horrible. I think it's time to get him out of leadoff and hit 2nd or 6th. Trade Dye and let Owens lead off. I hate losing winnable games.

You want to trade Dye just to fit a bantam weight speedster that cant get on base. Oh Christ.