And that's a White Sox loser

WhiteSoxfan1986

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you have Toby Hall coming up next, and one of the best throwing outfields in the history of the game....don't bunt to give up the first out to get the runner into 2nd base. You're still going to need two more hits in all likelihood, considering how weak Toby is.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 01:58 PM)
I can't believe our offense is this bad.

This team stopped hitting after the Boston series of 06. The team didnt hit at all last year, and now this year a lot of the same. The OBP and the Runs scored were great. But eventually the advance scouts tell their team, just pitch to them. Dont walk them, and you will outscore them. This is where we are. I have never seen large amounts of an offense shut down like this.

The only person I can see who's expendable is Dye. He needs to be traded. This team needs some speed ASAP.

1. Owens LF

2. Swish CF

3. Thome DH

4. Konerko 1B

5. AJ C

6. Quentin RF

7. Crede 3B

8. OC SS

9. Uribe 2B

Lets get this lineup in there.

QUOTE (SoxWS05 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:06 PM)
The only person I can see who's expendable is Dye. He needs to be traded. This team needs some speed ASAP.

1. Owens LF

2. Swish CF

3. Thome DH

4. Konerko 1B

5. AJ C

6. Quentin RF

7. Crede 3B

8. OC SS

9. Uribe 2B

What would speed have done the last two games?

Dye looks awful, Uribe is below the mendoza line and Swish as much as he is an OBP machine, needs to hit in the middle of the lineup. Owens isnt going to fix our offense no matter what you think, he's not the answer. And for your lineup, you sure as s*** wouldnt play swish in CF if Owens is in there.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (SoxWS05 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 03:06 PM)

1. Owens LF

2. Swish CF

3. Thome DH

4. Konerko 1B

5. AJ C

6. Quentin RF

7. Crede 3B

8. OC SS

9. Uribe 2B

Owens as your leadoff guy for the year?????, welcome to your 4th place Chicago Whitesox.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:11 PM)
Owens as your leadoff guy for the year?????, welcome to your 4th place Chicago Whitesox.

but what about SPEED!!!!!!

The team was hitting the ball ok to all fields to begin the season, now seem to be lift and pull again. This day off couldnt come at a better time.

QUOTE (SoxWS05 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:14 PM)
Well they're headed there fast now.

How so? Do you even look at the schedule, how many games they've played what their record is? I guess the ol slap hitting speedster is what this team needs. I bet everyone on here will enjoy his sub .300 OBP vs LHP when he gets here, im sure all will be ignored as long as he runs out the groundouts.

The team was hitting the ball ok to all fields to begin the season, now seem to be lift and pull again. This day off couldnt come at a better time.

Why do you think we've had so many players left on base? I'll tell you. Nobody can run. Station-station base running loses games like todays, yesterdays and Monday's.

QUOTE (SoxWS05 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:17 PM)
Why do you think we've had so many players left on base? I'll tell you. Nobody can run. Station-station base running loses games like todays, yesterdays and Monday's.

So if they could steal bases we wouldnt have flown or struck out? How about the speedy Twins? How many did THEY leave on base today?

QUOTE (SoxWS05 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:17 PM)

No, its because once they get a walk and a hit, they GIDP or pop up weakly in the infield. Having one fast guy at the top of the lineup wouldn't make a bit of difference.

No, its because once they get a walk and a hit, they GIDP or pop up weakly in the infield. Having one fast guy at the top of the lineup wouldn't make a bit of difference.

You're probably right about that, but taking one really slow guy out of the middle of the lineup and replacing him with decent speed will make a difference. If Jermaine was not in the lineup today or yesterday, we win.

QUOTE (SoxWS05 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 03:27 PM)
You're probably right about that, but taking one really slow guy out of the middle of the lineup and replacing him with decent speed will make a difference. If Jermaine was not in the lineup today or yesterday, we win.

Because he cant hit, not because he's not fast. You dont get on first base by winning a sprinting contest.

Our ss's lack of hitting is growing tiresome.

The Sox can't get a clutch hit to save their lives.

As expected we just gave away today's game.

Masset was nothing.

Our ss needs to bat ninth. Maybe we should go back to the days of Pudge Fisk and bat AJP second. Didn't Pudge bat second for a while there?

Like somebody said in a recent post. Our only wins have been dramatic pull it out of our asses late. Our losses have been frustrating.

If this keeps up, the new clubhouse attitude (Swish, Cabrera) won't mean s***.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:13 PM)

They just had Friday off. Why do people think an off day is gonna cure all that is wrong with this offense.

Edited by frankie5angels

QUOTE (frankie5angels @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 03:32 PM)
They just had Monday and last Friday off. Why dopeopel think an off day is gonna cure all that is wrong with this offense.

I replied in the other thread, so go ahead and take a look at how inaccurate that statement is.

QUOTE (frankie5angels @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:32 PM)
They just had Monday and last Friday off. Why do people think an off day is gonna cure all that is wrong with this offense.

Monday they played for 6 hours in an extra-innings, rainy, 40* game. Friday was rained out and played on Saturday. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:30 PM)
Our ss's lack of hitting is growing tiresome.

The Sox can't get a clutch hit to save their lives.

As expected we just gave away today's game.

Masset was nothing.

Our ss needs to bat ninth. Maybe we should go back to the days of Pudge Fisk and bat AJP second. Didn't Pudge bat second for a while there?

Like somebody said in a recent post. Our only wins have been dramatic pull it out of our asses late. Our losses have been frustrating.

If this keeps up, the new clubhouse attitude (Swish, Cabrera) won't mean s***.

Masset gave up 3 runs in 6 innings, which is pretty much exactly what the team needed from him. He isn't the problem.