White Sox Clubhouse and Sex Dolls

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 6, 2008 -> 07:39 AM)
Well are women allowed in your locker room at the heatlh club, no. I have a solution, kick the women out of the locker room if they are overly offended. This is a game the guys are playing. Lets not apply the same rules that Jimmy in his cube gets to the 15 million dollar a year guy who swings a bat at a ball.

Whaaaat? You are kidding.

This is American. Wealth does not buy you a separate set of laws, only access to better lawyers.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:39 AM)
Well are women allowed in your locker room at the heatlh club, no. I have a solution, kick the women out of the locker room if they are overly offended. This is a game the guys are playing. Lets not apply the same rules that Jimmy in his cube gets to the 15 million dollar a year guy who swings a bat at a ball.

Dude it's completely different than that and I don't know why that's hard to understand. There isn't a national media following Jimmy in his cube, this is a baseball team that makes a lot of money because of the exposure provided by the media. During designated times, reporters are allowed to conduct interviews, and not allowing women in would be limiting their hireability as reporters when everything should be fair and equal.

It's not like these sexed up female reporters are roaming the locker room looking for piles of cock, they are coming in to do their job to better their careers and to go home to their families. They needn't be subjected to blow up dolls at their place of work.

Take a blow up doll into your workplace and stick some pens in it and see how long you last before your canned.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:42 AM)
Here's an idea. How about the locker room should be a locker room, and keep ALL the press out of it? They want interviews, they can do them in a green room outside the locker room. The locker room should be a sanctuary of sorts. I don't think press should be in there at all, except maybe for the once-a-year champagne popping when they win a pennant.

That's fine and dandy, unfortunately those aren't the rules in which the Sox decided to degrade any female reporter that day.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:44 AM)
Dude it's completely different than that and I don't know why that's hard to understand. There isn't a national media following Jimmy in his cube, this is a baseball team that makes a lot of money because of the exposure provided by the media. During designated times, reporters are allowed to conduct interviews, and not allowing women in would be limiting their hireability as reporters when everything should be fair and equal.

It's not like these sexed up female reporters are roaming the locker room looking for piles of cock, they are coming in to do their job to better their careers and to go home to their families. They needn't be subjected to blow up dolls at their place of work.

Take a blow up doll into your workplace and stick some pens in it and see how long you last before your canned.

Thank you, well said and much better then I would have done.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:44 AM)

You can't compare one activity in the workplace to another. If I intercept electronic communication its called me doing my job. If you do it in accounting you can go to jail. Remember them spraying champagne and drinking beer after the WS. Can you do that at your job, no matter what happened, NO. Its called a unique workplace.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:49 AM)
You can't compare one activity in the workplace to another. If I intercept electronic communication its called me doing my job. If you do it in accounting you can go to jail. Remember them spraying champagne and drinking beer after the WS. Can you do that at your job, no matter what happened, NO. Its called a unique workplace.

That's every Friday at 4:00 for me.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:53 AM)
I could poll 100 guys and what one guy out of the hundred might be offended by blow up dolls.

Your point? That one guy would deserve the right to be comfortable in his workplace like the other 99.

I, myself, am not offended by them, but that doesn't make me ignorant to those that could be.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 6, 2008 -> 07:32 AM)
I think some people are taking this much lighter than it should be. This has already become national news on ESPN Radio. Whomever set up the blow up dolls with bats in their orifices knew that reporters and the like would see it.

It's sexual harassment for any female reporter who was near the locker room. I don't care what anyone says, women are allowed in the locker room at designated times, and that's demeaning.

It's childish, it's embarrassing as a Sox fan, it's not funny in my opinion. Why don't they grow the f*** up? What has the amazing double stuffed quad penetrated doll resulted in? 3 runs over 18 innings.

Jerry Reinsdorf should be embarrassed as should anyone who ever wore a Sox jersey. With Ozzie's rant, and now this, it's unacceptable.

That's just my $.02.

Are you serious with this? Explain to me how a woman reporter notices this display and feels harassed. I guarantee any woman in a position to cover a professional baseball team in a clubhouse knows what to expect. They've heard and seen a lot. It doesn't have to have the symbolism of a Van Gogh painting where everything has deep meaning. You know, where "the inflatable doll represents the repressive nature of females in society and the bats, in true male fashion, have violated the object and left her in a state of hopelessness"

IT WAS A f***ING DOLL!!!! I only wish it had someones face taped to it so atleast we'd have a fair argument.

Your post is exactly what I have termed, "fake outrage." Are you REALLY embarrassed as a Sox fan? And talking about "demeaning women?" Cmon, now. Was your girlfriend over your shoulder when you wrote that? You don't have to impress anyone like those ESPN analysts who have to put on a fake face as not to have their email box full with messages.

I like to believe I'm capable of understanding someone's position on issues such as this, whether I feel offended or not, but this is just too much. It's stories like this I hope people just continue bringing out blow-up dolls as only to further infuriate the supposedly offended mass of people.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 6, 2008 -> 07:36 AM)
Unless you work in a strip club or adult book store, you would not be allowed to bring a sex doll to work and display it at your desk. I'm with Steve, grow the hell up and act like adult men of 35 not some drunk college guy.

^^^^^

and none of this is funny since theyre playing horrible right now.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:57 AM)
Are you serious with this? Explain to me how a woman reporter notices this display and feels harassed. I guarantee any woman in a position to cover a professional baseball team in a clubhouse knows what to expect. They've heard and seen a lot. It doesn't have to have the symbolism of a Van Gogh painting where everything has deep meaning. You know, where "the inflatable doll represents the repressive nature of females in society and the bats, in true male fashion, have violated the object and left her in a state of hopelessness"

IT WAS A f***ING DOLL!!!! I only wish it had someones face taped to it so atleast we'd have a fair argument.

Your post is exactly what I have termed, "fake outrage." Are you REALLY embarrassed as a Sox fan? And talking about "demeaning women?" Cmon, now. Was your girlfriend over your shoulder when you wrote that? You don't have to impress anyone like those ESPN analysts who have to put on a fake face as not to have their email box full with messages.

I like to believe I'm capable of understanding someone's position on issues such as this, whether I feel offended or not, but this is just too much. It's stories like this I hope people just continue bringing out blow-up dolls as only to further infuriate the supposedly offended mass of people.

No, but I think that if my wife were a sports reporter, which I would be very proud of her to be, and that if that happened, she'd be incredibly uncomfortable... and that would piss me the f*** off. I am capable I guess of being human. My bust.

A woman doesn't have to feel harassed for it to be harassment. Any sort of discomfort in the workplace shouldn't be tolerated. It's 2008, it's the USA. I guess I just respect women and see them as equals and hope for them to feel as comfortable as any man, no matter where they work.

If you have a problem with me respecting women, fine, but to call it "fake outrage" calls into question my integrity. I think there's a few too many meathead kids on this board who just see this as funny and don't understand the ramifications of the Chicago White Sox acting like a bunch of sexually deprived teenagers.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:02 AM)
No, but I think that if my wife were a sports reporter, which I would be very proud of her to be, and that if that happened, she'd be incredibly uncomfortable... and that would piss me the f*** off. I am capable I guess of being human. My bust.

A woman doesn't have to feel harassed for it to be harassment. Any sort of discomfort in the workplace shouldn't be tolerated. It's 2008, it's the USA. I guess I just respect women and see them as equals and hope for them to feel as comfortable as any man, no matter where they work.

If you have a problem with me respecting women, fine, but to call it "fake outrage" calls into question my integrity. I think there's a few too many meathead kids on this board who just see this as funny and don't understand the ramifications of the Chicago White Sox acting like a bunch of sexually deprived teenagers.

I think my wife would say ....you guys are idiots if you think shoving a bat up a blow up dolls ass is gonna make you hit better.

It *is* pretty childish, and I'm sure it was worth the laughs to get all this media attention, right?

Some of the stuff this organization is allowing is becoming pathetic. Prank or no prank, these are supposed to be professionals, the last time I checked.

Mockery is such a fun thing to discuss.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:02 AM)

:notworthy :)

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:02 AM)

What are the ramifications, exactly? If the term 'fake outrage' were in the dictionary, it would be accompanied with "see: fake ramifications." Perhaps this is why I don't care. I don't quite see the people who are affected by this. The.....huindreds of women who may send threatening emails to the White Sox and boycott their product. Or the zero sponsors who will no longer associate themselves with the White Sox.

I don't even find it funny, really. I just don't find it offensive, either.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:14 AM)
What are the ramifications, exactly? If the term 'fake outrage' were in the dictionary, it would be accompanied with "see: fake ramifications." Perhaps this is why I don't care. I don't quite see the people who are affected by this. The.....huindreds of women who may send threatening emails to the White Sox and boycott their product. Or the zero sponsors who will no longer associate themselves with the White Sox.

Then open your eyes.

I'll save you from having to type the "Carol Slezak's just a b****" and "But she cried about Greg Olsen's rap song!" responses... Let's put those retorts in our back pocket and just talk about how stupid the White Sox are for allowing this to happen.

I think there is a whole lot of manufactured outrage at this incident. Was it childish? Sure. But if you are thin-skinned enough to be offended by a blowup doll, you need to get anew line of work. Now if they had placed a name badge on one of them that said Carol Sleezyack, then someone could probably be honestly offended.

Damn, between starting this and posting this, a whole new page of replies appeared!

Edited by Alpha Dog

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:14 AM)

I don't find it offensive, but I do find it sad. These guys are more about acting like 15 year olds then being professionals playing a game they get paid millions to play. Great clubhouse leadership here.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:02 AM)
We're still talking about a blow-up doll, right?

I was referring to some of the comments in this thread. My thoughts on this 'incident' are inline with kap's.

Edit: slezak's on Waddle and Silvy right now. She said her problem was with how unprofessional it was. Also, that they defended it instead of admitting a mistake.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:19 AM)
But if you are thin-skinned enough to be offended by a blowup doll, you need to get anew line of work.

WHAAAAAT?

Yup, that sure was on the job posting on Monster.

Qualifications:

Must have 5-7 years of experience in professional reporting environment.

Must display the ability to work in a team environment.

Must be willing to work random hours.

Must have no problem with blow up dolls in the work place.

Ridiculous.