MIN (16-15, L1) @ CWS (15-16, W1), 7:11pm

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 8, 2008 -> 04:56 AM)
2006 Post All Star Break:

Thome - .274 .420 .522 .942

Konk - .313 .377 .541 .918

Dye - .313 .371 .595 .966

Crede - .270 .311 .498 .809

AJ - .262 .292 .427 .719

the only player of those 5, over half our lineup, that had a bad 2nd half of 2006 is AJ.

Crede absolutely sucked the last month of the season, and Thome struggled the last two months as well. Everyone points to the starting rotation falling apart, but our offense sucked it up as well.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2008 -> 09:52 PM)
So you want a fire sale, but don't want Greg Walker fired?

i wouldn't shed a tear if Konerko or Thome weren't in a Sox uniform after this year, if this is what we're gonna get for the rest of the season

don't get me wrong, i don't hate these guys or wanna see them "collide in the field" like some other bozo's, but a fire sale generally implies the players, i have no problems with our coaching staff except maybe ozzie and the fact that I think he's a toolbag.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 7, 2008 -> 10:58 PM)
i wouldn't shed a tear if Konerko or Thome weren't in a Sox uniform after this year, if this is what we're gonna get for the rest of the season

don't get me wrong, i don't hate these guys or wanna see them "collide in the field" like some other bozo's, but a fire sale generally implies the players, i have no problems with our coaching staff except maybe ozzie and the fact that I think he's a toolbag.

What what exactly are you selling in your fire sale.

Thome, the player who can play DH only, who can't hit lefties. and is slumping. Sure lots of teams would jump at that.

Dye who has a NTC.

Maybe the 5 and 10 guy Konerko.

Or Maybe the FA rental Crede who is getting you no comp, has Boras as an agent, and cooled off from hitting.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2008 -> 09:57 PM)
Crede absolutely sucked the last month of the season, and Thome struggled the last two months as well. Everyone points to the starting rotation falling apart, but our offense sucked it up as well.

they sucked the last part of the year, who cares? what difference does it make when they started slumping, whether it's at the beginning, the end, or the middle of the season, and your'e talking about TWO god damn players, yet in every thread on this board you see this stated repeatedly over and over

"our offense (implying, the entire offense) has sucked from the second half of 2006 until now"

i'm done arguing about this, it's pretty ridiculous, nobody is going to give an inch on their opinion of the matter, so arguing either way is futile.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 7, 2008 -> 10:58 PM)

Bozo here. I see that we have another genius who thinks I'm serious about the collision in the field. Well, I wasn't. Thanks for your concern, though. JD and Paulie appreciate it.

(By the way, I think you meant "Bozos," as in plural, as opposed to "Bozo's," as in things that belong to Bozo.)

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 8, 2008 -> 04:01 AM)
they sucked the last part of the year, who cares? what difference does it make when they started slumping, whether it's at the beginning, the end, or the middle of the season, and your'e talking about TWO god damn players, yet in every thread on this board you see this stated repeatedly over and over

"our offense (implying, the entire offense) has sucked from the second half of 2006 until now"

i'm done arguing about this, it's pretty ridiculous, nobody is going to give an inch on their opinion of the matter, so arguing either way is futile.

I'm pretty sure the Sox were in the 11 to 14 range in the AL in runs scored during the 2nd half of 2006.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2008 -> 10:03 PM)
I'm pretty sure the Sox were in the 11 to 14 range in the AL in runs scored during the 2nd half of 2006.

i'll take those numbers I posted at any point in the season, I don't care if they correlate to being 11th or 14th in the AL, half of our lineup did a pretty good job for the whole year, a minor slump at the end or not, the numbers were still impressive.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 8, 2008 -> 04:06 AM)
i'll take those numbers I posted at any point in the season, I don't care if they correlate to being 11th or 14th in the AL, half of our lineup did a pretty good job for the whole year, a minor slump at the end or not, the numbers were still impressive.

This is a job for Kalapse....what was the first half runs scored compared to second half runs scored?

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 8, 2008 -> 04:07 AM)
Why is it that players that suck against everybody else (Punto, Scutaro, etc.) seem to always kill the Sox?

How do you think the Astros feel about Pods or the Tigers feel about Crede?

Good, let it continue tonight. The worse it gets tonight, the more pressure that comes onto the organization to make some changes.

And yet, what REALLY are the odds that they will anytime soon?

I mean, I've never seen a collection of such great hitters slump so bad. But I HAVE seen some of them hit well even with Walker as the coach. Is Walker REALLY the problem? IF he is, then please fire him and let's at least try something new. Something has to give. This is TOO good a team to be playing like this.

I mean, I'm no longer feeling so safe about the 50 dollar bet I made with my friend that the Sox would finish better than KC this year...

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 7, 2008 -> 11:05 PM)
Nice, punctuation was obviously necessary. I'm sorry you were too focused on an errant apostrophe to realize what I was trying to get across, I'll make sure I capitalize everything and insert proper punctuation so you can better comprehend my posts from now on. You're the moron who even made the statement to begin with, serious or not, why would you say something like that? Idiot.

I can only imagine what you would've thought about the part of the post that I edited out: "Of course, I'm simply frustrated and not serious. I sure hope that joesaiditstrue isn't offended. Given his evident intellect and keen knowledge of the game, that would devastate me."

And, by the way, you need a period between "get across" and "I'll make sure." Otherwise, it's a run-on sentence. Love 'ya.

Edited by Friend of Nordhagen

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2008 -> 10:07 PM)
This is a job for Kalapse....what was the first half runs scored compared to second half runs scored?

1st half runs scored: 520

2nd half runs scored: 348