Sox (17-17) @ Seattle (14-23) 9:10 PM

G&T

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the sox make a couple changes tonite to the lineup. Since we are facing Washburn, a tough lefty, give Thome the night off. Keep BA in center b/c he can cover way more ground in the huge outfield and really give this team a boost defensively in a ballpark like safeco. Return Swish to the lineup as either the 1B/Dh and let Konerko be the opposite either 1B or DH. The point is keep BA in center for defense and hes right handed, get Thome out against lefties, and get Swish back in, but in in center.

QUOTE (joeynach @ May 10, 2008 -> 04:40 PM)
I hope the sox make a couple changes tonite to the lineup. Since we are facing Washburn, a tough lefty, give Thome the night off. Keep BA in center b/c he can cover way more ground in the huge outfield and really give this team a boost defensively in a ballpark like safeco. Return Swish to the lineup as either the 1B/Dh and let Konerko be the opposite either 1B or DH. The point is keep BA in center for defense and hes right handed, get Thome out against lefties, and get Swish back in, but in in center.

Thome sitting and Swisher back in.

http://twitter.com/cst_sox/statuses/808295315

Must be a mind reader.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 10, 2008 -> 06:16 PM)
Cabrera, SS

America's Newest Hero, LF

Dye, RF

Konerko, DH

Swish, 1B

Crede, 3B

America's Newest Hero With The Golden Locks, CF

Uribe, SS

Pink Chin, C

I love having Dye in the 3 hole. Thome should slide down to 4 and Konerko to 5 with the new realignment until Kong and Thome start ripping.

Octavio is freaking hilarious.....DJ asks him if he thinks the bullpen will be strong throughout the entire season, and asks for a quick answer, and OD goes on for like 4 minutes before finishing his answer....

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 10, 2008 -> 08:08 PM)
Octavio is freaking hilarious.....DJ asks him if he thinks the bullpen will be strong throughout the entire season, and asks for a quick answer, and OD goes on for like 4 minutes before finishing his answer....

That's the first time I've ever seen an interview with him. He's a yakker alright.

Cabrera's bat speed seems to be up notch from last time I saw him.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 11, 2008 -> 02:10 AM)
That's the first time I've ever seen an interview with him. He's a yakker alright.

Cabrera's bat speed seems to be up notch from last time I saw him.

Still struggling to hit line drives. When we played him in the past, it seemed like he had such a sweet stroke to the oppposite field.

I really wish Sox broadcasts would stop showing replays of close pitches that were called balls by the Sox pitchers, especially early in the count. Boers and Bernstein were saying how often it happens during our games, and it doesn't seem quite frequent.