Stuff That Has Been Beat Into The Ground

Texsox

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ May 13, 2008 -> 10:35 AM)
Anything Mariotti related, although today's was pretty funny from a man that doesn't allow you to respond via e-mail.

But yes, Mariotti.

Why do you read it? I don't. When someone posts a Mariotti article here or any other board I can usually tell even if I don't see the byline right away and skip over it.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ May 13, 2008 -> 02:35 PM)
Anything Mariotti related, although today's was pretty funny from a man that doesn't allow you to respond via e-mail.

But yes, Mariotti.

Remember, it's Moronotti here, hack everywhere else .)

Let me catch my breath here before we start going...

Fields Vs Crede

JR is cheap

Ozzie is a terrible in game manager

Kenny Williams is a terrible GM

The farm system sucks

Juan Uribe

Ozzie needs to be quiet

The Cubs are good

The Tigers will be back

The Indians will win the division

Orlando Cabrera

Don't bring back Jim Thome

Bringing up the prospect of the day

Ozzie hates Brian Anderson

Hillary vs Obama vs McCain

MBINAA

2007 vs 2008 offense

the status of players who were on the 2005 team affecting their status today

Bobby Jenks velocity vs breaking stuff

Mike MacDougal

Chris Young vs Javy Vazquez

other traded off prospects

Why didn't we trade [insertplayer] (in hindsite)

Cheap in the draft

Scott Boras

Jay Mariotti

random baseball team rankings

Newsreporters bias against the Sox/for the Cubs

I am sure I missed some good ones...

Was the "Brian Anderson sucks/no he doesn't" thing beaten as heavily into the ground here as it was at WSI, and pretty much everywhere else that large groups of Sox fans gather on the net? If it was I'm glad to see it's finally abated.

Just for SS, the Ultimate Soxtalk Post

I am getting most of this from the Cubune and Moronitti's column, this falls on that idiot KW and the terrible farm system we have, but if JR wasn't so cheap, Oz knew how to use him, and Bora$$ wasn't such an indiot, we'd have signed Crede in 2005 and traded Fields for a decent starting pitcher, since we all knew that Buerhle (he's NOT an ace) was going to suck and Jenks losing velocity was going to happen. Thankfully we have Broadway in the wings who we should bring up right away, before we trade him away for another version of Alomar. Plus we always go cheap in the draft, then turn over decent hitters to Walker to f*** with.

Look at the rankings, The Indians and Tigers are going to be fighting for this division, while we watch the Cubs pop champagne corks. Meanwhile we'll be treated to Ozzie saying embrassing s***, Uribe's suckiness, and watch Brian Anderson sit on the end of the bench because he was born to the wrong parents and Oz hates him. Then Thome gets slammed but guys who played in 2005 get a pass. The real comparison should be 2008 to 2007, but instead it's 2005.

Shall we start with all the great prospects we let slip through our fingers? Perhaps Chris f***ing Young? We really should dump Crede and Thome and try to get him back? But maybe we could cut some salaries and put some McCain style economics in place here instead of the spend, spend, spend, crap of Clinton or Obama.

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 13, 2008 -> 09:42 AM)

I am getting most of this from the Cubune and Moronitti's column, this falls on that idiot KW and the terrible farm system we have, but if JR wasn't so cheap, Oz knew how to use him, and Bora$$ wasn't such an indiot, we'd have signed Crede in 2005 and traded Fields for a decent starting pitcher, since we all knew that Buerhle (he's NOT an ace) was going to suck and Jenks losing velocity was going to happen. Thankfully we have Broadway in the wings who we should bring up right away, before we trade him away for another version of Alomar. Plus we always go cheap in the draft, then turn over decent hitters to Walker to f*** with.

Look at the rankings, The Indians and Tigers are going to be fighting for this division, while we watch the Cubs pop champagne corks. Meanwhile we'll be treated to Ozzie saying embrassing s***, Uribe's suckiness, and watch Brian Anderson sit on the end of the bench because he was born to the wrong parents and Oz hates him. Then Thome gets slammed but guys who played in 2005 get a pass. The real comparison should be 2008 to 2007, but instead it's 2005.

Shall we start with all the great prospects we let slip through our fingers? Perhaps Chris f***ing Young? We really should dump Crede and Thome and try to get him back? But maybe we could cut some salaries and put some McCain style economics in place here instead of the spend, spend, spend, crap of Clinton or Obama.

Sadly, this is not so far-fetched.

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 13, 2008 -> 09:42 AM)

Damn it, I can't believe I forgot about Greg Walker :bang

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 13, 2008 -> 10:38 AM)
I also forgot to add

. . . Coop can fix 'em . . .

That reminds me of a couple more

Smallball/Ozzieball

Scotty Pods

Darin Erstad

Speed in the leadoff spot

Bunting

Stats or "my eyes"

Harold Baines sleeping

Hawkisms

Umpire hurting the Sox

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 13, 2008 -> 11:47 AM)
That reminds me of a couple more

Smallball/Ozzieball

Scotty Pods

Darin Erstad

Speed in the leadoff spot

Bunting

Stats or "my eyes"

Harold Baines sleeping

Hawkisms

Umpire hurting the Sox

:notworthy

OMG yes, umpiring or any conspiracy against the Sox

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 13, 2008 -> 12:58 PM)
So how bad is it I didn't realize Tex was joking until about halfway through the first paragraph in spite of the green at the top?

I think you need to step away from the computer for juuuuuuust a sec. :lol:

Also, I didn't read the Moronotti article...didn't have to. Just saw the headline and it made me laugh...Pot, meet kettle.

And to add one more...ss2K5's post count. *snore* :)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 13, 2008 -> 09:11 AM)
Let me catch my breath here before we start going...

Fields Vs Crede

JR is cheap

Ozzie is a terrible in game manager

Kenny Williams is a terrible GM

The farm system sucks

Juan Uribe

Ozzie needs to be quiet

The Cubs are good

The Tigers will be back

The Indians will win the division

Orlando Cabrera

Don't bring back Jim Thome

Bringing up the prospect of the day

Ozzie hates Brian Anderson

Hillary vs Obama vs McCain

MBINAA

2007 vs 2008 offense

the status of players who were on the 2005 team affecting their status today

Bobby Jenks velocity vs breaking stuff

Mike MacDougal

Chris Young vs Javy Vazquez

other traded off prospects

Why didn't we trade [insertplayer] (in hindsite)

Cheap in the draft

Scott Boras

Jay Mariotti

random baseball team rankings

Newsreporters bias against the Sox/for the Cubs

I am sure I missed some good ones...

... what he said.