Stuff That Has Been Beat Into The Ground

Texsox

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2008 -> 03:44 PM)
Responding to a critique of a manager with "if you are so much better than Ozzie, then why aren't you managing in the majors?"

That would be the double beat down topic.

We should just number that one and save time.

When Oz does something stupid

Comment #167

retort #168

Saves us all time.

Can we add:

- terrible attendance

- Contreras' arm slot

- not holding on runners

- Swisher is off the juice

- minor league stats

- Chris Rongey's an idiot

- piranhas

- signing Scott Boras clients

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ May 13, 2008 -> 03:15 PM)
Anything suggesting removal of Paul Konerko after he starts the season slow, because it always turns into a 30+ HR and 90+ RBI season.

The overeaction to players both ways. Ex: Paulie is horrible or Swisher is god.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 13, 2008 -> 11:32 PM)
Posts in game threads. Its like having a hundred drama queen girlfriends fret over a broken nail.

Might as well get rid of game threads then, because on every site for every team, game threads are a roller coaster of emotions.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2008 -> 03:09 PM)
Might as well get rid of game threads then, because on every site for every team, game threads are a roller coaster of emotions.

I think there's a difference between "A roller coaster of emotions" and the state of our game threads these days.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2008 -> 11:11 PM)
I think there's a difference between "A roller coaster of emotions" and the state of our game threads these days.

I completely disagree with this...if you look at the Bears site, you'll see frequent posts in a game thread about how "X" player should be benched, "Y" should be released, and this coach sucks. A game thread is more like an in game blog than a discussion board....but if people want to change the way it's handled on here, I don't blame them.

Edited by fathom

MBINAA was always my fave. I mean, seriously. As if this was a discussion that could ever result in an answer. The term "ace" is so subjective, it makes for an impossibility of logical discussion. Its like asking if jelly bellies are indeed the bomb.

JBANTB!!!!!!!

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2008 -> 03:58 PM)
In all seriousness, if you want to control repetitive stuff, why not just open up official threads for certain players/issues?

Feel free. That's the beauty of this site, anyone can start a thread.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2008 -> 05:11 PM)

Unless by "roller coaster" we are talking about a roller coaster that jumps off of the track and crashes into homeless orphans.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 13, 2008 -> 05:33 PM)
MBINAA was always my fave. I mean, seriously. As if this was a discussion that could ever result in an answer. The term "ace" is so subjective, it makes for an impossibility of logical discussion. Its like asking if jelly bellies are indeed the bomb.

JBANTB!!!!!!!

That's why it's so awesome. It's a subjective term with no true definition, yet back when Mark Buehrle was a good starting pitcher it seemed everyone had an opinion on the subject and they couldn't wait to express that opinion with their fellow anonymous internet people. A debate with no true answer that everyone wants to argue about? Sign me up.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 13, 2008 -> 11:20 PM)
I notice that people have already been suspended from the game threads.

I guess this thread's purpose has been fulfilled, eh? Nobody will admit it, but that's the reason this thread was started.

Wait, who was suspended and for what? I've been browsing the game day thread and nothing outrageous stood out.

I hope we're not traveling down the path of WSI. That is, censoring ourselves for questionable reasons-- and for who, exactly? The children? The media? We don't need to impress anyone with the civility of Soxtalk. That's what WSI doesn't get. No one is impressed with their lack of negativity of "dark cloug" behavior on the main board.

I understand there's occasions when posts may go overboard. Reasonable censorship is fine in this cirumstances. And if I missed whatever was removed then it's my mistake. I'd just like to believe this isn't the start of something more.

Edited by Flash Tizzle