5/16 gamethread: Sox (20-20) vs Giants (17-25)

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 16, 2008 -> 10:34 PM)
Another reason why I wanted Sox to go after Hamilton. He's probably the cleanest player in the majors now.

the fact though that HRs are down so much...i believe we need to adjust our expectations for pitchers as well....im not saying we need to rewind to 1985 when a 4 ERA was bad, but i for one am changing my expectations for pitchers a bit

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (fathom @ May 16, 2008 -> 09:38 PM)
I'd actually pull Gavin for a ph, but that's just me.

Why his swings right now are on par with anyone on the bench right now. Why take him out to get into the pen this early.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 16, 2008 -> 10:38 PM)

actually a nice 2-1 swing from gavin...if i remember correctly in spring he actually handled the bat pretty well

QUOTE (fathom @ May 16, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)

Unless he's telling you he's getting tired, leave him in at least for another inning. Save the pen a bit more. You don't want to go to Masset even if you're facing S.F.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 16, 2008 -> 08:43 PM)
I find it rich that these fans are booing AJ, yet they cheered for a dirtbag cheater like Bonds.

If your team gave up Liriano, Bonser, and Nathan for a guy who only lasted 1 year for you, wouldn't you boo him too?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 16, 2008 -> 10:44 PM)
If your team gave up Liriano, Bonser, and Nathan for a guy who only lasted 1 year for you, wouldn't you boo him too?

They should boo Sabean. AJ didnt say, trade for me and give up your farm.

i hate listening to the giants announcers cuz i keep expecting ) Krukow to say "the pitcher said 'come and get it big boy!' but the batter could not connect"

Edited by daa84