5/22 gamethread: Indians (22-24) vs Sox (25-20); 7:11; CSN

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 22, 2008 -> 09:05 PM)
Honestly, I really am not bothered by a guy like Jim Thome not being "Clutch". With the way he hits, you'd actually expect him to be weak in the late innings because people would keep bringing LOOGY's in to face him and he's made a HOF career by destroying right handed pitching.

You rely on Jim to win a game early in the game by destroying a pitcher. That's what he's done his whole career. In 2005, we had a lot of guys who were weak pitchers that we got a lead on but the game wound up close because we didn't have someone who could put them away like Jim.

The problem...Right now he's not hitting righties!

I'm fine with Thome as long as he stays down at number five or even six in the lineup. At this point in his career he should never be batting third. Still, it would be nice if he could drive in a runner from third base in a one - one tie game.

QUOTE (soxfandude @ May 22, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
it seems to me that Cabrera always swings at the first pitch

He has a low career OBP. He's not suited for that spot. He had a big year offensively last year, but was pretty mediocre the second half. It seems to me, it almost seems like he doesn't want to be here a lot of the time.