Uribe to 15 Day DL retroactive, Wise called up

Princess Dye

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping to see Getz, but my guess is the Sox are going to continue to play Ramirez and don't want Getz up here just sitting on the bench. I am slightly surprised that they called up an outfielder not named Owens. Owens clearly isn't deserving of a promotion, but I figured they would have went with him over the unknown.

Maybe Wise can make an impact off the bench, however, I figure we'll see very little of him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 23, 2008 -> 01:06 PM)
Are you kidding? Somehow I think this just means we'll see less of Anderson.

He's got a hot bat, but I really don't see how he can play. Plus I don't think he's better than Bourgois or Getz. I'd have totally preferred another infielder, ie, Getz, who I think is a better option than all of our current 2nd baseman.

He might get some PT against Weaver on Saturday. Since the Sox have stunk against him, that where he might get some time. But to me this makes sense, Alexei is gonna get all the PT at second, so they still have Pablo as the infield super sub and Swish to backup first. It was all about getting a veteran with speed, so the adjustment period for the next week is easy as opposed to Getz who would be getting his first sniff of the majors and he only really plays second.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 23, 2008 -> 04:15 PM)
Think that Wise's agent requested a "showcase", like when the Sox gave Jeremy Giambi a shot?

To the best of my knowledge, he never suited up for any team besides Charlotte.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 23, 2008 -> 04:15 PM)
Think that Wise's agent requested a "showcase", like when the Sox gave Jeremy Giambi a shot?

The sox are trying to win, and win now, I highly doubt the Sox would call him up to the majors for this. Giambi never saw the majors with the Sox, IIRC.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 23, 2008 -> 03:15 PM)

No, not at all. And Jeremy Giambi never played for the big club, he was simply signed to a minor league as a favor to his agent, Arn Tellem (AKA; Frank Thomas' agent.)

Wise is being promoted because he's sporting a 1.000+ OPS at AAA and has been hitting righties very well. KW isn't retarded, he's not going to call up some career minor league because the player's agent requests it (which is didn't, if he even has an agent.)

QUOTE (knightni @ May 23, 2008 -> 03:22 PM)
Methinks this is setting up the dealing of Anderson in a trade for a 2B. Perhaps.

I think the Sox are gonna keep BA. He has shown to be the perfect 4th outfielder. Seems to have a real good attitude and his play yesterday was smart baseball. I think BA is here to stay and for awhile.