Official Draft Thread

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Dominion also had a disappointing year, finishing 25-27 after being ranked No. 25 by BA in the preseason, due in part to the three quality pitching prospects on its staff. Lefthander Dan Hudson was coming off an impressive sophomore year and summer in the Cape Cod League but went 5-6, 4.70 in 13 starts this spring as the Monarchs' Friday starter. His stuff remains attractive, however. Hudson is 6-foot-4, 215 pounds and throws his fastball in the low 90s. He has long been a strikeout pitcher and that didn't change this season, as he struck out 107 batters in 92 innings against 33 walks. He has a long arm stroke in the back and a whipping sidearm motion through his release point, which makes for natural life on his fastball, fading away from lefthanders and in on righthanders—though it can also make his command inconsistent. Hudson also throws a slider, curveball and changeup, with the curve being his best secondary pitch.

that report is not correct though, he isnt a lefty...hes a righty

i actually like that K rate alot

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 07:11 PM)
I like the movement on Hudson's pitches, seems like a poor-man's version of stuff wise MacDougal, but clearly with much better control.

Is it possible to have worse control than him as far as pro pitchers are concerned?

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 06:28 PM)
Round 6 starting.

Aren't they doing Rounds 6-50 tomorrow?

EDIT: Never mind. I thought I heard karl ravich on that draft show say that they were only doin rounds 1-5 today.

Edited by sayitaintso

Looking at the video, Morel doesn't look like all that bad of a pick. O'Niel doesn't have a video, but if that tidbit someone posted is correct and he is a sidearmer with a low 90's fastball w/ movement, he might be a decent pick. Somewhat like a poor man's Joe Smith? Would have liked Scott Gorgen there much better however. Hudsen looks like a meh pick.

Besides for the 1st round, the players we are drafting this year seem way to similar to the ones we did last year.