Official Draft Thread

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 06:07 PM)
I'm thinking there might be concerns over the strength of competition with a guy who played at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. Just a hunch.

Not really, that's actually just Cal Poly. They play in the same league as Fullerton, Long Beach St. and Irvine. Looking at their schedule, that's one thing you can't question.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 06:10 PM)
Not really, that's actually just Cal Poly. They play in the same league as Fullerton, Long Beach St. and Irvine. Looking at their schedule, that's one thing you can't question.

Ah you beat me to it. There are plenty of schools here in the midwest and the south that do not play teams like Cal Poly plays.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 05:10 PM)

Yeah, you're right I found it odd that they included the city.

QUOTE (29andPoplar @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 03:05 PM)
A curious pick to be sure.

Drafting a 3B high in the draft ... hmmmm.

Good news is, he didn't strike out a bunch either, only 25 times. Still, it's a seemingly odd pick, we'll have to hear their rationale.

Any chance Jordan Danks will be there next round? They didn't overdraft him that's for sure, despite how many times I read on this site they would.

I don't get this pick. I've seen the Mustangs play a few times and they didn't have anyone that stood out when I watched them. That said they are an improving program as a hole. This pick just puzzles me though, considering some of the toolsy guys that were on the board.

Again, its hard for me to comment because I wasn't specifically watching this guy when I saw Cal Poly, but I remember going, god, Cal Poly blows.

Pretty cool, we kept seeing a Royals scout at the Mizzou games this year. My roommate at Mizzou stayed in contact with him and sat with him while he scouted Melville when he pitched against the local HS. The scout loved him, not a big surprise the Royals took other than the fact that they have to pay him.