Rockies @ White Sox 6/14, 6:05 p.m. WGN

bjm676

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 07:04 PM)
Alexei has been a breath of fresh air lately, and I agree one day off was enough. However, his .287 batting average has happened in the span of an average Uribe hot streak. Play em while they're hot, I agree, but Ramirez, like Quentin, still has much to prove.

Uribe is the one that has to prove he belongs. He is hitting 202 after 7 or 8 MLB season. Alexei is in his first and he is hitting 287. I am sure Uribe will recieve an extension because he belongs.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 07:17 PM)
Nice to see us getting shut out by someone with an ERA over 8

One f***ing hit so far. Can we get some hitters. Oh wait, we have one on the bench but Uribe got a hit last night so he must sit on the bench until the obsession with portly stops.

That's the thing about when Ozzie went off...it was effective and got the point across...but was kind of brushed under the rug as just Ozzie "trying to motivate". WHAT THE HELL GOOD DOES THAT DO? In the short run...sure...but it's almost Ozzie that cried wolf. Time to rattle the cage again.

On other thing I noticed during the hot streak last week...shots of the dugout you'd see Walker walking up and down talking to guys...everybody basically...now that it's a feeling of "we're safe" with last weeks outburst...it's back to the same old s***.

What a passive bunch of babies out there. We need Alexei's passion...his bat. We need BA playing. Our bigs need to get their head's out of their asses.

It also sickens me that Uribe is starting for the second day in a row. I wish we would just release him so we don't have to worry about him playing more than he should. There's no reason to have both him and ozuna on the team anyway, I would much rather have another pitcher up here.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 04:33 PM)
It also sickens me that Uribe is starting for the second day in a row. I wish we would just release him so we don't have to worry about him playing more than he should. There's no reason to have both him and ozuna on the team anyway, I would much rather have another pitcher up here.

An 8 man bullpen for the least used bullpen in the game?

This is the 14th , sorry 15th ranked pitching staff in the NL working over our team this weekend.

Last nights pitcher held us in check, and now this f***ing bum is holding our team in a 1hitter. This is one of the easiest parks to hit in, and we cant score here. Embarrassing.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 07:40 PM)
This is the 14th ranked pitching staff in the NL working over our team this weekend.

Last nights pitcher held us in check, and now this f***ing bum is holding our team in a 1hitter. This is one of the easiest parks to hit in, and we cant score here. Embarrassing.

We still scored five runs last night, can't really complain about that. This is just embarassing though.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 07:42 PM)
We still scored five runs last night, can't really complain about that. This is just embarassing though.

We were shut down for the most part until their bullpen came into the game.