6/14/08 Rox v. Sox

G&T

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 03:05 PM)
How's DL a 1B necessitate bringing up an outfielder.

swisher moves to first now, he is no longer playing the outfield. You do not need another infielder, you now need an outfielder. but lets not degress here, he may not go on the DL at all. By the way thunderstorm in naperville right now therefore it should reach the ball park in about 20 minutes.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 03:10 PM)
I am saying play Fields at 1B.

because he plays so much first base now, and he played so much first base in the past. Comon your kidding right. are you sure your not VAFAN? The guy can barely play good third base, and he couldn't play the outfield. Now you want him to just step in at first?

Edited by quickman

because he plays so much first base now, and he played so much first base in the past. Comon your kidding right. are you sure your not VAFAN? The guy can barely play good third base, and he couldn't play the outfield. Now you want him to just step in at first?

Seriously, I'm getting tired of all these suggestions to play Fields in random positions. He's a third baseman.

QUOTE (quickman @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 03:12 PM)

The Sox need another hitter. I'd much rather have Fields' bat in the lineup over Anderson or Uribe. 1B is the easiest position to handle in the majors. Are you saying that Fields would need a season of preparing for 1b to be able to hold it down? That's ridiculous.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 03:16 PM)
Why do Nick Swisher, Alexei Ramirez, Pablo Ozuna, and Brian Anderson play multiple positions? 1B isn't rocket science.

For a guy that has his problems at 3B and in left field it is.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 03:14 PM)
The Sox need another hitter. I'd much rather have Fields' bat in the lineup over Anderson or Uribe. 1B is the easiest position to handle in the majors. Are you saying that Fields would need a season of preparing for 1b to be able to hold it down? That's ridiculous.

Yes I am saying he can barely handle 3rd base which he has played for years. But hell you know better. it will never happen because baseball teams actually know what there players can do and its not like he is hitting the cover off the ball in the minors. Quite frankly I cannot wait for Crede to sign long term and we trade Fields away so I don't have to hear this stuff like he is some kind of savior.

QUOTE (quickman @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 03:17 PM)
Yes I am saying he can barely handle 3rd base which he has played for years. But hell you know better. it will never happen because baseball teams actually know what there players can do and its not like he is hitting the cover off the ball in the minors. Quite frankly I cannot wait for Crede to sign long term and we trade Fields away so I don't have to hear this stuff like he is some kind of savior.

Fields is no savior. Don't hold your breath on Crede, though.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 02:15 PM)
I thought I heard Getz was playing some outfield...is that true? Dye CS....wonderful.

Trying to get into scoring position with 2 outs after getting on to lead off the inning. Didn't have a problem with the attempt. Blame Thome for sucking and Crede for a douche like AB.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 03:18 PM)
Trying to get into scoring position with 2 outs after getting on to lead off the inning. Didn't have a problem with the attempt. Blame Thome for sucking and Crede for a douche like AB.

I like the idea...but not with Jermaine Dye. Watching him run in right field is painful in itself. You're right though, at least Ozzie is trying to make something happen.

We need this win.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 03:18 PM)

thome just outright sucks. its unfortunate. he and konerko just got old in a hurry.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 03:16 PM)
I like Thome, I really do, but I've always felt like he clogs up our lineup. Occasionally he'll get a home run or a walk, but normally it's a strike out or some put out with the shift.

Thome is a great guy, but as a ballplayer he sucks. Not a winner--doesn't hit in the clutch (or any time, lately) and can't play in the field. And he makes a lot of money too.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 03:18 PM)
Fields is no savior. Don't hold your breath on Crede, though.

well quite frankly fields is truly our best trading chip. If crede signs, Fields is gone and he will bring some good stuff in return. a long shot yes, but I am hoping it could happen.