6/19 Game Thread PIT @ CWS, 1:05pm CT

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 02:36 PM)
I like this...go to a meeting down 6-0, and return and it's tied!

They were making jokes about you while you were gone.............................................am I a snitch?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 12:36 PM)
This isn't one of those cases where a pitcher pitched his ass off and got robbed of a W though. Gavin's line aside, he hasn't pitched that good today. He can be somewhat excused for allowing the hit after the error, but not the home run right after that.

Hopefully though this will be one of those games Gavin can learn something from. He's always been one of our guys who struggles more in his head than with his arm, learning how to pitch around a mistake by the guys behind you at an important time is something he's just going to have to learn. There's a lesson to be taught today. I do like the fact that we've stuck with him and he's toughed it out afterwards.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 02:32 PM)
In this case, the inning would have ended if it wasn't for that error, so whatever happens after the would-be 3rd out doesn't go against a pitcher's ERA. I guess technically if a pitcher gets 2 guys out, and an error is made on the 3rd batter, he could allow infinity runs and none would be earned.

Where the scoring gets interesting is now if the Sox had brought in a reliever after the fact, any runs that would have been charged to the new pitcher would be earned for him, yet unearned in the team ERA.

Hawk: AJ has "huge upside." "He's a guy who can hit 20-25 homeruns and hit .300 and drive in 80-90-100. He's a horse." DJ says, "I don't think he can hit .300 and hit for that much power."

"Well, I've seen him for a long time. I know what he can do. It's up to him to do it."

AJ hasn't hit .300 since 2003, and has never hit more than eighteen homeruns in a season, and he has never had eighty RBI.

What kind of water is Harrelson drinking? He's lost it.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 03:40 PM)
Hawk: AJ has "huge upside." "He's a guy who can hit 20-25 homeruns and hit .300 and drive in 80-90-100. He's a horse." DJ says, "I don't think he can hit .300 and hit for that much power."

"Well, I've seen him for a long time. I know what he can do. It's up to him to do it."

AJ hasn't hit .300 since 2003, and has never hit more than eighteen homeruns in a season, and he has never had eighty RBI.

What kind of water is Harrelson drinking? He's lost it.

He can hit for a high average, he can hit 20 homers, but he certainly can't do both.