6/19 Game Thread PIT @ CWS, 1:05pm CT

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 02:21 PM)
You want to go into the crosstown series with your bullpen on short rest?

It isnt as if the Pirates are pitching better. The Sox need to hope Gavin can hold it together for a little while

Crosstown series means as much as this game does. There is a shot a winning this game not sure what is going to happen over the weekend. Also who has pitched more than one inning in the last four days?

That was a sad little inning there.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 03:27 PM)
I've never understood the manner in which earned runs are assigned.

In this case, the inning would have ended if it wasn't for that error, so whatever happens after the would-be 3rd out doesn't go against a pitcher's ERA. I guess technically if a pitcher gets 2 guys out, and an error is made on the 3rd batter, he could allow infinity runs and none would be earned.

QUOTE (north side chi sox fan @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 01:30 PM)
I hope the Cubs lose today otherwise we are going to hear about how they havent lost 3 in a row again.

we'll see how the Zambrano MRI comes out, that will be a huge shot if it's serious....

my gut reaction is he'll miss 2-3 starts and be OK

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 02:27 PM)
Crosstown series means as much as this game does. There is a shot a winning this game not sure what is going to happen over the weekend. Also who has pitched more than one inning in the last four days?

That was a sad little inning there.

the overall meaning may hold the same, but you can play your sunday lineup vs the Pirates and win. You cant go into a series vs the Cubs with a bullpen on short rest and hope to scrape by. That team can really hit, you need to have all of your bullets

QUOTE (north side chi sox fan @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 12:31 PM)
Anyone think Gavin can pitch the 6th?

94 pitches through 5, with the 8 and 9 hitters coming up. He can go out, but you better have the bullpen ready the moment anyone gets on base.

QUOTE (north side chi sox fan @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 03:35 PM)
Put Gavin on pace for 18-20 wins!

This isn't one of those cases where a pitcher pitched his ass off and got robbed of a W though. Gavin's line aside, he hasn't pitched that good today. He can be somewhat excused for allowing the hit after the error, but not the home run right after that.