6/20 Game Thread - CWS @ CHC, 1:20pm CT

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish we would have pinch hit Ozuna for the pitcher and have him bunt Anderson over, and go from there. Instead, we have guys going for the 2 run homer and we blow another runner at second, nobody out situation. It's just bad fundamentals right now.

Could someone tell me the harm in bunting the runner over????

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 03:11 PM)
On the road, the ball kicking off wall he had to try for triple.

Your post would have meant more if you posted it before there were 2 out with the runner still at second. At the time, if BA tried for 3rd and was thrown out, I'm sure you would have criticized it.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 03:12 PM)
Bulls***.

I'm usually not pessimistic but Aram is gonna hit a walk off to win this one, I just feel it.

I hope you are talkin about our ARAM as we cant hit a walk off as we are batting top of the inning and ARAM of the cubs is up to bat in bottom of ninth

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:12 PM)
Bulls***.

I'm usually not pessimistic but Aram is gonna hit a walk off to win this one, I just feel it.

i hope not, I try to stay positive too (sometimes that slips away!), but the Sox had a ton of opportunities to get the lead. The Cubs are a good team and are murder at home, can't put yourself in these situations if you expect to win in Wrigley this year

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:13 PM)
I wish we would have pinch hit Ozuna for the pitcher and have him bunt Anderson over, and go from there. Instead, we have guys going for the 2 run homer and we blow another runner at second, nobody out situation. It's just bad fundamentals right now.

What's a bunt?

I can almost agree with the "we deserve to lose" sentiment, but then again, do I? Those runs more than likely wouldn't of beens cored if Ozzie had been smart (lol) and kept Danks or brought in Linebrink.

But then again, I guess you never know.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 03:13 PM)

Exactly, I also wanted Ozuna in to bunt him over, not to mention he might even get on base on top of that iwth the bunt.

I'll agree with you, I would have rather seen Pablo there....not necessarily bunting, but moving him over at least.

Wood is a hard guy to bunt.