6/20 Game Thread - CWS @ CHC, 1:20pm CT

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (north side chi sox fan @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 09:07 AM)
Im going to Wrigley bars to watch game tommorow along with 2 Sox and 1 Cubs friend. Any recommendations on where we should go?

IN the other thread about sox friendly bars theres a place called halligans or something like that and it is fully sox friendly, the owner is from the south side and cub memorabilia is band. :headbang :headbang :headbang :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 09:49 AM)
Kasper said during the game last night that this weekend will have a World Series like environment....How would they know what that is like?

They wouldn't. Len Kasper barely knows what the playoffs are like. BTW, what did Kasper do before becoming the Cubs' announcer? Act as a teenager in movies?

I want some good pbp. Come on Danks..be Danksy!!!!

I'm gonna be cursing up at work (yesterday was a flat out disaster) so I'm hoping the Sox can help calm me down or even get me a little excited (in the good kind of way).

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 10:14 AM)
Lineups:

Cabrera SS

Pierzynski C

Quentin LF

Dye RF

Swisher 1B

Crede 3B

Ramirez 2B

Anderson CF

Danks P

Fukudome CF

Theriot SS

Lee 1B

Ramirez 3B

Soto C

DeRosa RF

Murton LF

Cedeno 2B

Lilly P

That's the lineup I was hoping for. Thanks Ozzie.:) I'm not gonna get anything done at work as soon as the game starts haha.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 09:49 AM)
Kasper said during the game last night that this weekend will have a World Series like environment....How would they know what that is like?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 10:50 AM)
They wouldn't. Len Kasper barely knows what the playoffs are like. BTW, what did Kasper do before becoming the Cubs' announcer? Act as a teenager in movies?

Before being hired by the Cubs in '05 he did play by play for the Marlins ('02-'04). So yeah, perhaps he knows a thing or two about a World Series atmosphere.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 10:42 AM)
Before being hired by the Cubs in '05 he did play by play for the Marlins ('02-'04). So yeah, perhaps he knows a thing or two about a World Series atmosphere.

Way to ruin the Cub bashing. :lolhitting This next half an hour couldn't pass faster.

Edited by Cowch

QUOTE (joeynach @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 12:50 PM)
Weird I though for sure Hall would be playing against Lilly, hes got a lifetime .400 BA against him.

We need a better hitter like A.J. in the lineup when Thome is out of it. That's why.