Danks - "Wrigley Sucks"

chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 10:33 AM)
I hope John lives up to his words on the mound today. Nonetheless, it's funny.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/wh...-ssep20.article

I agree with him. I was "raised" as a Cubs fan until I saw the light when i was 7 years old. Even as a kid when i went I thought the stadium was garbage.

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 06:41 PM)
Please.....you can't blame it on the wind...

I can't, but you have to admit, when the wind blows out at Wrigley, there happens to be a lot more homers. It's too bad Quentin's double earlier in the game didn't go for a dinger.

Maybe that's why the Cubs get a lot of come-back wins, the wind starts kicking up later in the afternoon and they just hit fly balls that ride the jet stream. Who knows?

I thought BA's ball was gonna get caught, it didn't. Ramirez's ball probably would of been a fly to the track without the wind. It's Wrigley Field, there's no big scoreboard to block the wind, it's a crap shoot half the time.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 07:48 PM)
I can't, but you have to admit, when the wind blows out at Wrigley, there happens to be a lot more homers. It's too bad Quentin's double earlier in the game didn't go for a dinger.

Maybe that's why the Cubs get a lot of come-back wins, the wind starts kicking up later in the afternoon and they just hit fly balls that ride the jet stream. Who knows?

I thought BA's ball was gonna get caught, it didn't. Ramirez's ball probably would of been a fly to the track without the wind. It's Wrigley Field, there's no big scoreboard to block the wind, it's a crap shoot half the time.

I was at the game. The flags were blowing out at different times in the game. Quentins double was a laser. If he got it up in the air it would of went. The wind didnt dramatically change in the late innings. It was blowing out for most of the game.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 07:48 PM)

I realize this is a Sox message board, but the Cubs did not look impressive. Sure it's only one game, but to have gotten spanked by the Rays and then come back home and need a team serve you the game on a gold plate...? Danks made a lot of their hitters look downright foolish, and that's an offense that is supposed to be a Juggernaut. Did anyone catch Fukadome try to hit Thornton? I wonder what he'd look like against Boone; or if they ever made the World Series, Papelbon or K-Rod or Jenks or Zumaya. I'd like to see the Phillies play, I think they might be the class of the NL.

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 12:50 AM)
Cmon people who were at the game.

Give us a feel for it.

Fights? Smell? Were Sox fans mocked when the unthinkable happened in the ninth?

Does the park suck?

Hot chicks there?

What was up today??

From my experiences, the "interesting" stuff happens at the Cell. Of all the Sox-Cubs games I've been to at Wrigley, it's generally pretty tame aside from drunken yelling that nobody in the right mind pays attention to. But at the Sox-Cubs game on the Southside, I've seen plenty of fights. I guess your "typical" Southsider has a low tolerance for drunken ignorance -- as it should be.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 07:08 PM)
No stories from today's game?

Cmon give 'em up.

It had to be torture for Sox fans in the 9 run inning.

I hate being around Cubs fans period. I've avoided them all by not really going out of the house during these past two days.

I don't know why you want us to get over it. Losing to the Cubs sucks.

If we'd have beaten them Friday and they continued reeling after the Rays kicked their ass, maybe they wouldn't be the best team in baseball for long.

Now they've completely forgotten the Rays' series where they looked far from the best team in baseball.

Realistically, losing to the Cubs is indeed no different than losing to any another NL team, so Tony is correct. And if your friends are lame enough to legitimately make fun of you because the Cubs won, they shouldn't be your friends. If your family is getting on you for it, your family probably sucks. And finally, if random people are giving you s*** or bothering you because they are Cubs fan, ignore them because nobody really matters in life outside of family and friends anyways. I hate the Cubs as much as anybody, but if they actually have a direct impact on your life or how you feel, you are pretty lame. Worry about the Sox, that takes up enough time.