Cubs @ Sox - Game 2 - 2:55 PM 06/28

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 28, 2008 -> 01:14 PM)
Is anyone else sick and tired of hearing announcers and such talking about Quentin as some no-name non-prospect who came out of no where? I know a lot of people here, including myself, are not completely shocked by the awesome-ness of him.

And Dye is red hot. That ball kept carrying!

Are we listening to the same announcers? I heard them say he just flew through the D'backs minor league system got injured and maybe lost a little confidence. Nice hit Joe ! Got the lead and we won't give it up.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2008 -> 03:17 PM)
I missed the "stretch" from Hawk. It's hard to tell what's going on without it.

Hawk wouldn't have said stretch on that one. It seems like he only says it on balls that are easily homers or ball that don't even reach the warning track.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 28, 2008 -> 02:16 PM)
creeeeeeeeeede

this team kills fastball pitchers, lol

unfortunately so do the cubs

Judging by the last 2 K's for Javy, the Cubs may not see too many fastballs.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 28, 2008 -> 03:09 PM)
They are going to light Gallagher up. Fastball pitcher versus a fastball hitting team.

Keep pounding the zone with your fastballs Gallagher. Make sure when you get frustrated, throw harder. Because the harder you throw, the harder they go out.

Bombs away.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 28, 2008 -> 09:20 PM)
Swish wearing him out.

He was so close to lining about 3 of those pitches into the left center gap. We took a lot of good swings on Gallagher, we just need Vazquez to let our offense keep it going.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 28, 2008 -> 03:22 PM)
Did Grace just say Swish is hard to strike out? I'm sorry, but if you average over 100 K's a season, no matter who you are, you are not a tough K.

Grace also thinks that the key to beating the sox is velocity in the zone. LOL

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 28, 2008 -> 09:27 PM)
Javy has nutted up, and is throwing some filth up there now. Throwing strikes when you have the stuff that Javy has is good. Javy is the type of guy who beats himself.

He's keeping that fastball on the outer corner to righties instead of letting it tail right over the plate.