Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 02:21 PM)
On an extremely positive note... if this thread was titled OFFICAL 2005-2006 NHL THREAD wed be discussing who had more offensive talent between Calder Bell and Arnason.

Thank god thats not the case anymore.

Nothing like the A-B-C line for memories.

I hardly ever stray from Soxtalk. Nice to see a Blackhawks thread. I go way back to the Mikita /Hull years when I was a youngster. I've had the MLB package on DirecTV for like 5 years now and this is the 1st year I decided to get NHL Center Ice. I was concerned about the Hawks offense after losing Lang but it's so great to see guys like Versteeg, Bolland , Ladd making major contributions. Also great seeing Havlat having a very strong season especially stepping up since Kane hasn't been 100% for the last month. Slightly disappointed in the contributions from Byfuglien and the defensive efforts of Kane. Absolutely love Burish and would even suggest Byfuglien be dropped to the 4th line and Burish be promoted.

Edit: I would also like to add that Keith is the Hawks MVP.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Hawks over Thrashers 2-1 at the end of the 2nd period. Goals by Sharp and Toews both on the PP. Kovalchuk PP goal for Thrashers and scored another on a rebound of a breakaway shot he took at the very end of the period but time had expired.

Hawks win 3-1 over Thrashers. Haby played great especially in the 3rd period when the Hawks were dominated in faceoffs, shots on goal and scoring chances. Thrashers 6 on 4 after a Sharp hooking penalty with 77 seconds left. Bolland with the empty netter to ice it. 5th win on the road trip out of 7 games. One more to go, friday in St. Louis.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Feb 11, 2009 -> 08:56 PM)
Brian Campbell is such a terrible defensive defenseman. Wow.

I'll be happy with the W, but Christ, it seemed like he had 8 turnovers.

For the money they spent on him especially. I think Havlet is actually playing pretty good 'D' also Huet gives up at least two goals in the third period. Khabby can bail out bad Defense, Huet can not. Seabrook continues to look better and better as well.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Feb 12, 2009 -> 07:39 AM)
Going to my first Blackhawks game tomorrow.

Have a great time, and fly the colors proudly....unless they're Blues colors, that is... :D

Do they still play in what used to be called the Savvis Center?

I had a fun time there a few years back - that's not a bad place to see a game at all!

QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 12, 2009 -> 08:20 AM)
Have a great time, and fly the colors proudly....unless they're Blues colors, that is... :D

I had a fun time there a few years back - that's not a bad place to see a game at all!

I want to say they are in the Scottrade Center, but I don't know if it's the same building.

If you ever go to a game in STL, hit up Bernie Ferderko's Bar right across the street. It's packed with hockey fans, and they really raz you if you're wearing Hawks stuff. :lolhitting

Its the same building, just called the Scottrade Center now. I went to the Hawks game there last month. Nice place, modern looking, nothing too special. One thing I did notice is that the arena is very blue. When you are in your seats, all the walls around you are solid blue, which makes it look weird. Fans were cool, good amount of smack talk back and forth but all in good fun.

We were at the bar in the Sheraton across the street before the game...wow, talk about some strong drinks, definitely made Havlat's OT game winner a bit blurry in my memory.

Yeah, Steve is right same place different name.

I never had cable growing up, so I never watched hockey as a kid and therefore am not a Hawks fan.

Not a fan of the Blues either though. I have been to a handful of games and I really only enjoy it in person.

I will have to wear Sox or Bears gear to represent.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 12, 2009 -> 09:58 AM)
So with the Thrashers awful season, is Kovalchuk on the trade block?

They made him captain and Waddell wants to build around him apparently.

Would probably cost a lot to obtain him (when you could go for Gaborik as an UFA in the off-season, although that's very risky also with his injury history).