Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 07:31 PM)
Hawks just lost again to the NJ Devils 3-2 on the NHL network. Going on right now is Martin Brodeur cutting off the netting from the goal to celebrate becoming the winningest goalie in NHL History surpassing Patrick Roy.

Congrats to Martin Brodeur. I like him a whole lot more than Patrick Roy, so it's very nice to see Marty pass him.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bulokis @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 08:43 PM)
Vermette would have look great in a hawks uni, too bad we could not get him.

Campbell and Huet, expensive and worthless.

Good point on Vermette. He's been tearing it up since his departure from Ottawa.

Huet is such a piece of crap. That goal he gave up to Nash made me gag.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 07:15 AM)
My goal: Skate faster than any other defenseman in the league.

FAIL.

Even when you start off a stride and a half ahead on the GW goal.

Well, Vermette IS a forward, and Brian didn't say anything about skating faster than forwards.

:D

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 08:15 AM)

FAIL.

Just put I hate Campbell in your sig, it would save you time of actually posting.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 06:15 AM)

FAIL.

I've seen a lot of bad things by Campell however on that goal he was gassed , at the end of a shift. Seeing Vermette do so much is pissing me off too.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Mar 21, 2009 -> 05:53 AM)
Vancouver has now caught us for 4th place; points and games played are equal. Columbus is lurking, too. Home ice in the playoffs could be in jeopardy.

I was afraid of this because the Hawks best players are so young. They haven't got the long term stamina that a 26 year old athlete would have. However, it may prove to be a blessing in disguise if they get their second wind come playoff time.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 21, 2009 -> 01:01 PM)
Oh, am I hurting your feelings with your Brian Campbell man crush?

No, I think it just gets old. We know how you feel about Campbell. We don't need a post about it every time he does something wrong in a game. I'm by no means a Campbell fan but that doesn't mean I feel the need to come here and post about how worthless he is after every bad game he has.

Not taking a dig at you Krush. Just saying that when a team is struggling it's extremely aggravating to read people's rants like that.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Mar 21, 2009 -> 05:52 PM)
No, I think it just gets old. We know how you feel about Campbell. We don't need a post about it every time he does something wrong in a game. I'm by no means a Campbell fan but that doesn't mean I feel the need to come here and post about how worthless he is after every bad game he has.

Not taking a dig at you Krush. Just saying that when a team is struggling it's extremely aggravating to read people's rants like that.

I understand that, but when people continue to defend him, I will continue to throw out evidence to the contrary, is all.

That being said, he actually looked pretty decent today. If only that could the norm the rest of the way, especially with Barker out for the time being. Our bottom 3 is not exactly strong.