Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday's game was the peak of disappointment and shows why franchise goaltenders are something to behold.
Luongo really wasn't tested by the Hawks too much last night. It was a pretty pathetic effort for being pretty much the biggest game of the year.

They didn't really show much heart until Buff ran Luongo. Then it was scrap-city.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 09:50 AM)
Luongo really wasn't tested by the Hawks too much last night. It was a pretty pathetic effort for being pretty much the biggest game of the year.

They didn't really show much heart until Buff ran Luongo. Then it was scrap-city.

I dont think that was as much heart as it was a blatant cheap shot, as was Bolland rushing Sedin.

Yep they were abymsal last night.

The commentator on Versus said it perfectly when he said the Hawks aren't willing to be dirty and win the battles down low for the puck right now.

Getting some bigger bodies should be a priority in the off-season.

Saw my first blackhawks live today, have to say I came away wanting to see another one. Had really good seats, 3rd row from the front why next to visitors bench. Didnt realize how fast paced the game was, on tv doesnt really look like it. Also the blackhawks flat out dominated the first 2 periods, really sad to lose the shutout at way end but was a great first experiance.

Last night's game was a good sign. The Hawks thoroughly dominated a team that has given them trouble all year. Bolland's injury may have been a blessing in disguise, because mixing the lineups seems to have made a difference.

Not many teams can put a more talented lineup out there than Kane - Toews - Havlat.

I am concerned with what I perceive to be an extreme lack of confidence in Patrick Kane right now. He's getting himself good looks, and just isn't scoring. Kid's still ridiculously young, and can bounce back, but he's been really bad the last 7 or so games. Hopefully last night and getting a point will have him bouncing back, because lately he looks no better than Stevie Sullivan.

I'm know Kane's ceiling is high, and he's only going to get better, so I'm not worried. He just needs a pure goal-scorer on his line... you know, the one we clamored for at the deadline. (See Guerin, Tkachuk, etc)

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 10:31 AM)
I know it wont be mentioned on here but Soup had a pretty good game last night as did most of the defense. I liked their agressive work in the middle of the ice.

He did stand out last night. C'mon Rock, you and I stand by our boy.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 11:58 AM)
He did stand out last night. C'mon Rock, you and I stand by our boy.

I honestly dont even like him that much, but if he's called out when he plays bad, I think he should be mentioned when he has a good game.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 12:03 PM)
I honestly dont even like him that much, but if he's called out when he plays bad, I think he should be mentioned when he has a good game.

For the money they are paying him good games should be a nightly occurance and not require mentioning. He, Khabbi and Havlat should have positive impacts every night.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 07:16 PM)
I love watching games at the Bell Centre on TV.

I've never been there, but that's 1 thing on my "to-do list" before I die.

As a Bruins fan, I say f*** THAT PLACE. I hope that place catches fire and burns to the ground.