**White Sox vs. A's Game Thread 7/5/08**

Brian

Ugh, this is why I don't like Anderson hitting second. Ozzie doesn't trust him with the bat, especially against a LHP, which he shouldn't yet, he has Anderson bunt, and all that does is take the bat out of JD's hands. At least we get Thome with em loaded.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 5, 2008 -> 07:01 PM)
Ugh, this is why I don't like Anderson hitting second. Ozzie doesn't trust him with the bat, especially against a LHP, which he shouldn't yet, he has Anderson bunt, and all that does is take the bat out of JD's hands. At least we get Thome with em loaded.

Quentin could of at least hit a fly ball if he wanted to.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 5, 2008 -> 07:30 PM)
78 pitches through 5 for Gavy. Slightly better than his pace after 3, still has a shot at going 7.

As long as he's going good, there should be no thought of taking him out, no matter what his pitch count is.

Pitch count is by far one of the most overrated factors in determining fatigue for a pitcher. If he starts hanging breaking balls and missing up in the zone, then he should be taken out. Not because he has thrown over 100 pitches.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 5, 2008 -> 04:35 PM)
Pitch count is by far one of the most overrated factors in determining fatigue for a pitcher. If he starts hanging breaking balls and missing up in the zone, then he should be taken out. Not because he has thrown over 100 pitches.

But, in counterpoint...Gavin's only 25. While I have no problem pushing his arm for 200 innings this year because he's thrown 175 or so each of the last few years...given his age, his contract status, etc., I really don't want to see him throwing 120 pitches in a game unless the entire bullpen is unavailable. There's no reason to risk his pitching arm foolishly at this point in his career. A starting pitcher who can put up a sub 3.5 ERA while making the league minimum and still having a few arb years ahead of him is a lot more valuable than a single win (unless it's October)

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 5, 2008 -> 07:47 PM)
just a little update, so far tonight Konerko is 1-2 with a walk. His hit was an RBI double.

I hope the time off did his hand well. It would really be a nice addition if Paulie could regain his old stroke. I have a feeling the team is going to have to score more runs to win after the ASB. I can't see the pitching keeping up the current pace.

I got a first hand report on Clayton Richard. I was told his stuff is rather mediocre, but he has a very funky delivery and release. A Tampa Bay scout said he has a chance to be a reliever, but most of his success in the minors this year is due to his Dontrelle-esque funk. The reports on David Cook were not very kind either. He's extremely short, and not a major league prospect.

Did I just hear Hawk and DJ talking about how Alexei taught himself the toe swivel to keep his foot on the ground to go the other way. My question...wtf is Walker doing?

As I type....ATTA BOY OC!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm REEEEEEEEALLY hoping KW gives this guy a 3-year. He's really grown on me.