WHITESOX ALL-STARS!!!

rokimar

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (north side chi sox fan @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 12:40 PM)
Your 2008 Whitesox All-Stars include Joe Crede and Carlos Quentin. Per my friend that works with SOX

Including, but not limited to I'm hoping.

Danks, JD, and AJ deserve to be there.

Edited by chimpy2121

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 10:57 AM)
Crede over Danks or Floyd is a shame

Also further proof that selecting All-Stars never has, and never will make any sense. Dont get me wrong, I love Crede, but this isnt the year he should be at the All-Star game. His defensive numbers are just atrocious, and the fact that Crede is known for being more of a defensive player should exclude him from the allstar game. JMO of course

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 12:41 PM)
AJ should be the starting C. Danks should be there but doesn't have the sexy W's, so Gavin probably should.

Crede? Boras' gotta love that.

I forgot about A.J. So Crede is our 7th most deserving player, and to be honest if he makes it over some of the other guys on our team, that's just not right.

I'm not buying this for a second. Crede is at best the 4th best thirdbaseman in the AL. So, if he makes it ahead of Longoria, Lowell, ARod (he's the voted starter anyway, right?), and Carlos Guillen (does he count?), there is something wrong.

not to get down on our pitching staff, which has undoubtedly done better than any of us expected...

but outside of Linebrink we cant say that it's been total dominance from anyone person. More a collection of good consistent guys, more than anything. And with so many deserving guys in the majors, you can usually fill that All-Star staff with guys who are all at or near dominant for half a year. (with the exception of the guys who have to be the sole representative from their shoddy team)

For example, Danks has the sparkling ERA, but also hasnt gone as deep into games as All-Stars tend to. Has worked his way out of a lot of trouble - which is absolutely great, and more than we expected from him this early....but a little short of All-Star.

And Floyd has the win totals, but everything else about his year has screamed - consistent, solid guy. Again, not down on him at all - just saying if he made it, a whole tier of guys would have an argument for having been snubbed.

Linebrink has had the real stretches of dominance here, and he'd be the guy I would fight for most.

Edited by Princess Dye

Quentin, Dye, and Floyd are givens, IMO. If any of these 3 don't make, it is a joke, and Crede does, it's a joke.

Danks, he should at the very least be on the last man ballot if not already named to the roster.

Dioner Navarro, Mauer, and Pierzynski are the three best catchers in the AL. Mauer is the likely starter, and I think Navarro is gonna make it easily with all the hype the Rays have this season. Now, IIRC, there are usually 3 catchers, so that means A.J. should have a good chance as well to make the team. If not, he should be a possibility for last man as well.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 12:06 PM)
I'm kind of embarrassed that Kevin Youkilis is the ALs starting first baseman.

Yeah, he's been horrible this year.

For the record, he has the 2nd best OPS for an AL 1B this year behind only Jason Giambi. He's very deserving.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 01:07 PM)

For the record, he has the 2nd best OPS for an AL 1B this year behind only Jason Giambi. He's very deserving.

Yup, and he is still near the top of my list of baseball players I wanna punch for no reason.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 06:07 PM)

Did I say he didn't deserve to be in the AL? No, I said I was embarrassed that Kevin Youkilis is the AL starting first baseman. Compared to what the NL could trot out, yeah, this is pretty substandard.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 12:13 PM)
Did I say he didn't deserve to be in the AL? No, I said I was embarrassed that Kevin Youkilis is the AL starting first baseman. Compared to what the NL could trot out, yeah, this is pretty substandard.

He's got a higher OPS than all but 2 NL first basemen, and really, comparing any batter to how Lance Berkman or Albert Pujols have done this year is unfair.