**White Sox vs. Royals 7/7/08** 7:10pm, The U

Brian

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 09:06 PM)
Are you f***ing kidding me Ozzie? Having Logan warm up, and not bring him in to face DeJesus? I absolutely hate the leash that Ozzie gives Contreras.

Ozzie is asleep at the wheel tonight.

ive always thought dejesus is one of the most underrated players in the game....im surprised nobody has tried to get him as his name alwasy seems to come up at the deadline, but he could certainly help alot of teams this year

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 09:05 PM)
Who's going to take the count's place in the second half?

Think of how bad Jose was last year, how many starts he got destroyed before he was lifted from the rotation.

So think september, and his arm falls off, not figuratively literally it falls off and he has a stump. Thats about when he will get replaced.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox15 @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 03:10 AM)
Do we need to be worried about Jose? Can we make the playoffs with his dead arm on our squad? And Loaiza is not an option as a replacement either.

Yes, be very worried. However, we can still make it.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 10:05 PM)
Who's going to take the count's place in the second half?

while we have a general lack of talent especially in the upper minors...there have been alot of guys at charlotte that have pitched pretty well....broadway richard whisler and haeger (especially as of late) have been pretty solid down there and may all deserve a look, but i think its gonna take an injury for any of them to get a shot...and even then it may be masset that gets the nod

then again none of those names excite me, or are really viable options while we are fighting for the division

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 10:12 AM)
while we have a general lack of talent especially in the upper minors...there have been alot of guys at charlotte that have pitched pretty well....broadway richard whisler and haeger (especially as of late) have been pretty solid down there and may all deserve a look, but i think its gonna take an injury for any of them to get a shot...and even then it may be masset that gets the nod

then again none of those names excite me, or are really viable options while we are fighting for the division

I feel like those guys are all AAAA guys. I hope I'm wrong about some or all. I want Broadway to be good, I like him.