The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 05:52 PM)
Giuliani is straight out of 1984. Remember, a year ago today he was ahead.

Seriously. And watching his campaign go down in miserable flames was epic, I smiled every day when I read the coverage.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL.

WASHINGTON (AdAge.com) -- Major League Baseball has moved back the scheduled start time of any game 6 of the World Series so Fox can also air the half hour Barack Obama spot on Oct. 29.

A network spokeswoman confirmed the buy and said MLB had agreed to the network's request for the delay.

Fox now joins CBS and NBC in airing the half hour program, whose content the Obama campaign has declined to describe. The decision means that the Obama campaign is now spending close to $3 million to air the program from 8 to 8:30 p.m. that night on at least three networks. ABC didn't immediately return a message asking whether it too has now agreed to a buy, a move which would create an unprecedented roadblock of the nation's biggest commercial networks.

Fox had originally been scheduled to start airing the baseball game at 8:20 p.m. but is now expected to start the game at 8:35 p.m.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 10:38 AM)
$3M does not sound like a -lot. I would think the GOP would want to counter this....

They don't really have the money to, that's the problem. And frankly, it won't be terribly effective.

Obama's campaign really has taken a page from Bush's playbook in the 2004 election. Having a luxury of resources allows them to do odd things that might attract fringe votes. In Obama's case, its the infomercials and the two minute loop on DirecTV. One of the things Bush did in 2004 that was genius was Traffic and Weather sponsorships. It got the person doing the reporting to parrot off the two sentence commercial like a live read.

:notworthy

Mccain and Palin and their ilk don't laugh. They patronize. They don't smile, they snicker. They don't debate, they denigrate. They don't talk, they condescend. They don't argue, they ridicule. There is a nastiness, a mean-spiritedness, a smug certitude, and a profound and baseless arrogance seething from both of them. These aren't leaders. They're not even grownups. They're certainly not a team of mavericks, they're a team of schmendricks (Yiddish. Means someone who can't succeed but thinks he can. Also means penis).

Now, contrast that with Barack Obama. Always respectful, even when disrespected. Always calm, even when faced with contempt. Always articulate, never talking down. He never rattles and never takes it personally. He's not just a diplomat, he's a gentleman. You know what he has? Manners.

I'm exhausted by rigid, condescending ideologues like John McCain. He's like a circus mirror, showing us some distorted version of ourselves as only he sees us. He says "spread the wealth" as if he were saying "spread the herpes." He uses air-quotes while saying "a mother's health," as if it's some radical fantasy invented by "those who would seek to destroy us." McCain's grin is an undisguised scowl of anger and intolerance. But the worst part is that he thinks that's our scowl too.

John McCain is a rear-view image of yesterday's America. Barack Obama is a signpost to the road ahead. It's that simple. And if the people McCain is so proud of don't like it? Jimmy-Crack-Corn. And I don't care.

LINK

Inland GOP mailing depicts Obama's face on food stamp

By MICHELLE DeARMOND

The Press-Enterprise

The latest newsletter by an Inland Republican women's group depicts Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama surrounded by a watermelon, ribs and a bucket of fried chicken, prompting outrage in political circles.

racist16_400.jpg

Click here to read the rest.

McCain/Palin supporters let their racist roots show

By David Neiwert Thursday Oct 16, 2008 10:31am

It was kind of strange, dintcha think, that John McCain came to the defense of his supporters last night after Barack Obama pointed out that people at McCain/Palin rallies were shouting out "terrorist" and "kill him!" in reference to Obama.

Now an Al Jazeera camera crew caught the honest sentiments of McCain/Palin supporters at an Ohio rally:

"I
m afraid if he win
s
, the blac
k
s
will ta
k
e over. He
s
not a Chri
s
tian! Thi
s
i
s
a Chri
s
tian nation! What i
s
our country gonna end up li
k
e?

When you got a n***** running for pre
s
ident, you need a fir
s
t
s
tringer. He
s
definitely a
s
econd
s
tringer.

He
s
eem
s
li
k
e a
s
heep - or a wolf in
s
heep
s
clothing to be hone
s
t with you. And I believe Palin -
s
he
s
filled with the Holy
S
pirit, and I believe
s
he
s
gonna bring hone
s
ty and integrity to the White Hou
s
e.

He
s
related to a
k
nown terrori
s
t, for one.

He i
s
friend
s
with a terrori
s
t of thi
s
country!

He mu
s
t
s
upport terrori
s
t
s
! You
k
now, uh, if it wal
k
s
li
k
e a duc
k
and quac
k
s
li
k
e a duc
k
, it mu
s
t be a duc
k
. And that to me i
s
Obama.

Ju
s
t the whole, Mu
s
lim thing, and everything, and everybody
s
s
till
k
inda - a lot of people have forgotten about 9/11, but
I dunno, it
s
ju
s
t
k
inda
a little unnerving.

Obama and hi
s
wife, I
m concerned that they could be anti-white. That he might hide that.

I don
t li
k
e the fact that he thin
k
s
u
s
white people are tra
s
h
becau
s
e we
re not!"

Yep, McCain must be so proud.

The rest of us, well ... let's just say those polls should tell the story.

No video linked as of yet so take it with a grain of salt until we see actual proof of this.

LINK

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 01:48 PM)
I agree, but it's not enough to allow me to sit there and say, "I'm voting for RSO". There's no way in hell. Voting for McCain is just about like voting for Bill Clinton on the political scale, that's how far left the GOP has gone (save for the idiocy on shoving morality down out throats, which you rightly point out and it's a turn off of mine as well and highly disappointing).

Except on social issues like abortion (esp after McCain's major gaffe on it last night) and human rights.

What he was trying to say, and not very eloquently is that the term "mothers health" can be twisted and stretched until it is so broad that it basically means a mother can have an abortion at any time.

IE:

The mother is 8 months pregnant but a Psychologist writes a letter stating that the "mothers health" may be effected if the baby is born because the mother is not emotionally stable enough to care for the baby and therefore she needs an adoption.

What McCain said is actually not that terrible, his problem is that he just assumes everyone understands what hes getting at.

I personally am pro-choice but I actually understood where he was coming from. The problem isnt always what he says, its how he says it, and how he fails to narrowly tailor his responses. He just shoots from the hip to much, and it often comes out sounding terrible, even though some times the thought behind it is actually pretty rational.

Obama Election Night Rally:

Barack Obama's campaign is eying either Chicago's Grant Park or Millenium Park as the likely site for its Election Night gathering, and potential victory party.

For the Illinois Democrat, the site would mark yet another outdoor venue chosen for a momentous occasion, with Obama having announced his candidacy on the steps of Illinois's state capitol, and his speech accepting the Democratic nomination at Denver's Invesco Field in August.

CLASSY!

Nearly 48 years ago, a young woman, not yet 18, became pregnant in her freshman year of college. Living in a time and place in which abortion was generally illegal, she proceeded to marry the father of her child and gave birth to a son. Perhaps she would have done so irrespective of the abortion laws at the time, even if, say, she lived in a legal culture that celebrated abortion as a fundamental right. Very possibly not. (I haven't found any statistics on the percentage of pregnant college freshmen who abort their pregnancies, but indirect indications suggest that it's very high.)

Barack Obama may actually believe, as he stated yesterday, that Roe v. Wade "was rightly decided." But it may be very lucky for him, as the son born of that woman, that it hadn't been decided a dozen or so years earlier.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=1781207:date=Oct 16, 2008 -> 12:48 PM:name=BigSqwert)-->
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 12:48 PM)
<!--quotec-->No video linked as of yet so take it with a grain of salt until we see actual proof of this.

LINK

And here it is:

i hate america.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 09:06 AM)
"Pro-America"? What parts arent? Oh maybe Alaska? ;)

Palin: Country Folk are more patriotic than City Dwellers

"We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, D.C. We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation. This is where we find the kindness and the goodness and the courage of everyday Americans. Those who are running our factories and teaching our kids and growing our food and are fighting our wars for us. Those who are protecting us in uniform. Those who are protecting the virtues of freedom."

Gov, just shut up. Dont talk. Dont say that country people are more "pro-america" than the city dwellers.