The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)
Just curious when we'll see Sarah Palin, John Boehner, Rudy Guiliani and the other Burlington Coat Factory mosque panic pushers talk about how insensitive and inappropriate "International Burn a Koran Day" is.

Or when the left wing will start talking about freedoms again...

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glenn’s coming to the Last Frontier! I hope my fellow Alaskans (and anyone visiting from Outside) will join me this Saturday, September 11, 2010, at Anchorage’s Dena’ina Center at 8:00 p.m. Glenn Beck will be there – you won’t want to miss it. Tickets are available at Ticketmaster.com.

We can count on Glenn to make the night interesting and inspiring, and I can think of no better way to commemorate 9/11 than to gather with patriots who will “never forget.” Hope to see you there!

Awesome. And with tickets only $70, you'd be insane to pass up this opportunity to celebrate fund-raise commemorate 9/11.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 12:56 PM)
Awesome. And with tickets only $70, you'd be insane to pass up this opportunity to celebrate fund-raise commemorate 9/11.

no doubt it was an "accident". he didnt know that 9/11 also happened to be the same date that 4 airplanes were hijacked 9 years ago. Pure accident I am sure.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 01:27 PM)
Or when the left wing will start talking about freedoms again...

It had been said by a few people I talked to that nobody on the right (well, the smart people anyway, not so much the mouth-breathers) actually disputed that they had a right to build the community center (I'm not going to call it a mosque)... same thing applies. I haven't seen anybody anywhere disputing that this dude has the right to burn Korans. And yes the Muslims in other countries are being blatantly hypocritical when they are okay with people burning American flags and I'll go out on a limb and say Bibles, too, but that is beside the point, and again we are acting like Newt Gingrich and lowering our standards of behavior to theirs so that we can make a point. Me, I just fail to see how this is productive at all. Yeah I know they had a list of 10 things but what is this supposed to accomplish? Being inflammatory just for the sake of doing it? To show people that we hate Muslims and don't want them here? Well okay, then. People should just come out and say that then, at least be honest.

Really the use of "only" makes it impossible to prove. Im sure I can find numerous occasions where the "left" has supported freedom for numerous other undesirables.

The reason why "liberals" protect the rights of those who others may deem unworthy of protection, is because it is the worst who we most often bend the rules for.

Why?

Because its easy to bend the rules if it hurts a mass murderer or terrorist, people just go along with it, they dont question.

Its hard to defend those who may not deserve defending. But that is what makes me a "liberal", I am willing to defend the rights of those who most would deem unworthy, or those who do not have the capacity to defend themselves.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 09:42 PM)
lol I didn't pick up the sarcasm. Fail. Point and laugh, everyone.

I've seen too many people *not* being sarcastic that it's hard to tell anymore.

When you can't pick out the sarcasm anymore then the terrorists have already won.

:ph34r:

:D

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 08:35 PM)
Last week my grandma tried to go to church, but the Obama Volunteer Corps blocked her from entering.

Isn't that a really sad state of affairs? Only in Amerikkka, my friend, only in Amerikkka. Listen, I got this billy club, I say we hang out by some inconspicious places with some sort of signs out front of churches and schools that day. Let's see what kinda action we get, kapisce?

We gots ta take care of what's rightfully ours.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 10:14 PM)
Isn't that a really sad state of affairs? Only in Amerikkka, my friend, only in Amerikkka. Listen, I got this billy club, I say we hang out by some inconspicious places with some sort of signs out front of churches and schools that day. Let's see what kinda action we get, kapisce?

We gots ta take care of what's rightfully ours.

Like it isnt true for Muslims either, who are being threatened and cannot go to their places of worship too.

It's gotta stop on both sides. Period.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 10:48 PM)
Like it isnt true for Muslims either, who are being threatened and cannot go to their places of worship too.

It's gotta stop on both sides. Period.

Right, those tea party f***ers... racist bastards... they threaten those Mooslims. Hardcore! AmeriKKKa!

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 07:26 AM)
Right, those tea party f***ers... racist bastards... they threaten those Mooslims. Hardcore! AmeriKKKa!

Someone says something about how Muslims are being threatened without explicitly blaming it on the tea party...Kap doesn't deny that the threats are hapepning, but assumes its an attack on him and his tea party that he must respond to. Because any time anyone talks about how a minority is facing prejudice...the tea party must be defended.

Wonder why that is.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 06:26 AM)

Knock it off. It's beneath you--and it devalues the good points you make.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)
Just curious when we'll see Sarah Palin, John Boehner, Rudy Guiliani and the other Burlington Coat Factory mosque panic pushers talk about how insensitive and inappropriate "International Burn a Koran Day" is.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CN...;show_article=1