The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

Not if you consider the public option to be more than a word, and actually mean what it represents, and compare that to the health care bill, which does not contain the program that the public option is, in fact it is just a series of subsidies and laws regulating the insurance agency.

but you are such a victim kap.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ May 29, 2010 -> 11:21 AM)
Not if you consider the public option to be more than a word, and actually mean what it represents, and compare that to the health care bill, which does not contain the program that the public option is, in fact it is just a series of subsidies and laws regulating the insurance agency.

but you are such a victim kap.

Subsidies for who? No one can get them.

Regulations? Oh, you mean set prices and set it up to where insurance can't offer anything but what the government sets up? That would be a "public option" without the "public option" words sticking you up the ass.

If you want to sell health insurance, you will sell it through government regulations.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 29, 2010 -> 07:35 PM)
If you want to sell health insurance, you will sell it through government regulations.

Then they could very easily have not rigged the system against everyone in it. But that would have made the shareholders unhappy.

Well, now we have a great opportunity for everyone in Illinois to vote against a man who incorrectly exaggerated his military record. I'm sure they'll hold it strongly against this guy right?

The Republican candidate for President Obama's old Senate seat has admitted to inaccurately claiming he received the U.S. Navy's Intelligence Officer of the Year award for his service during NATO's conflict with Serbia in the late 1990s.

Rep. Mark Kirk, a Navy reservist who was elected to Congress in 2001, acknowledged the error in his official biography after The Washington Post began looking into whether he had received the prestigious award, which is given by top Navy officials to a single individual annually.

The Post's inquiries were sparked by complaints from a representative of state Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias, Kirk's Democratic opponent in the Illinois Senate race.

Cmdr. Danny Hernandez, the Navy's assistant chief of information, said for several days last week that he was having trouble finding records to clarify the matter. Then on Friday, he said Kirk, an Appropriations Committee member who co-chairs an electronic warfare working group, had changed his Web site to incorporate a different account of the award.

In a message on his blog, Kirk wrote that "upon a recent review of my records, I found that an award listed in my official biography was misidentified" and that the award he had intended to list was given to his unit, not to him individually.

Ok...I'm going to try to avoid saying anything inappropriate on this one.

Brewer made the comment to The Arizona Republic while talking about the criticism she has taken since signing SB 1070, the new immigration law that makes it a state crime to be in the country illegally.

"Knowing that my father died fighting the Nazi regime in Germany, that I lost him when I was 11 because of that... and then to have them call me Hitler's daughter. It hurts. It's ugliness beyond anything I've ever experienced," Brewer said in the story, published Tuesday.

Her father died in 1955. And didn't serve in Europe.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 10:43 PM)
Poor choice of words, and a REAL stretch, but reading what she says it's still accurate.

only if you don't consider the english language as having any meaning.

I hate to see a good slogan undermined by basic data, I really do.

It's one of the safest parts of America, and it's getting safer.

It's the U.S.-Mexico border, and even as politicians say more federal troops are needed to fight rising violence, government data obtained by The Associated Press show it actually isn't so dangerous after all.

The top four big cities in America with the lowest rates of violent crime are all in border states: San Diego, Phoenix, El Paso and Austin, according to a new FBI report. And an in-house Customs and Border Protection report shows that Border Patrol agents face far less danger than street cops in most U.S. cities.

The Customs and Border Protection study, obtained with a Freedom of Information Act request, shows 3 percent of Border Patrol agents and officers were assaulted last year, mostly when assailants threw rocks at them. That compares with 11 percent of police officers and sheriff's deputies assaulted during the same period, usually with guns or knives.

In addition, violent attacks against agents declined in 2009 along most of the border for the first time in seven years. So far this year assaults are slightly up, but data is incomplete.

"The border is safer now than it's ever been," said U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman Lloyd Easterling.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 08:45 AM)
"my father died fighting"

Eh, no

So, it's not reasonable to say that Rosie the Riveter types were "fighting" the Nazi's too?

I admitted it was a poor choice of words, but it's not like she was embellishing to the point of flat out lying like the recent guys about Vietnam. I think she meant to say that he died participating in the fight against Nazism, so to be called that is an insult. Smart choice of words? No. A big deal? No.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 09:53 AM)
So, it's not reasonable to say that Rosie the Riveter types were "fighting" the Nazi's too?

I admitted it was a poor choice of words, but it's not like she was embellishing to the point of flat out lying like the recent guys about Vietnam. I think she meant to say that he died participating in the fight against Nazism, so to be called that is an insult. Smart choice of words? No. A big deal? No.

I agree its not a huge deal, but let's be honest - she outright lied. Her father died in the 50's, and never fought in that theater. To make any claim whatsoever about him dying fighting Hitler is just not reality.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 10:53 AM)

Not when you die a decade after World War II. Unless he died on the inside. That's a little different, though.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 10:40 AM)
Not when you die a decade after World War II. Unless he died on the inside. That's a little different, though.

He died as a result of working in a factory during WWII. But whatever. Agree to disagree.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 01:19 PM)
He died as a result of working in a factory during WWII. But whatever. Agree to disagree.

So does that mean that every person who took up smoking during combat and died as a result of their smoking, died fighting the enemy? Don't think so.

It's a huge stretch to say the least.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 01:57 PM)
So does that mean that every person who took up smoking during combat and died as a result of their smoking, died fighting the enemy? Don't think so.

It's a huge stretch to say the least.

If you are still looking for work, BP would like to talk to you about being a lawyer...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
If you are still looking for work, BP would like to talk to you about being a lawyer...

Are you kidding? He's in the prosecutor role right there. You guys are the ones in the defense.